Plastic Clean Up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plastic Clean Up.

I have a 80 GS1100 E and have some discoloration and fading on my Instrument cluster. Is there something that can be used to brighten up the fading and correct the discolored area. The discoloration was more than likely caused by some kind of cleaning chemicals that fell on the unit and was not wiped off in time.

The Beast

Use Novus polish on clear plastic. If its the black plastic housing I think Krylon has plastic paint.
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I think there's a product called something like "Black Again" for faded black plastic parts.

Comment

If it is the black casing, use S100 Engine Brightner. Best stuff I have tried.
        85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
        79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Mother's polish make a product. Its called Back to Black. I haven't tried it on my gages, but it works great on my Avalanche

Comment

I agree that the S-100 product is great stuff. I've only used it on the engine. I'm not sure how it would work on a non-heated surface. I believe that the S-100 stuff requires some heat to fully "cure" the stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by mixongw View Post
              I agree that the S-100 product is great stuff. I've only used it on the engine. I'm not sure how it would work on a non-heated surface. I believe that the S-100 stuff requires some heat to fully "cure" the stuff.
              I've used it on the plastic fenders, gauge covers, wire looms, frame, chain guard, etc..... anywhere you would use armour-all. It works great and lasts much longer.
              85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
              79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Check this stuff. I think it worked great.

Would you like to share the experiences you have had with a new accessory, part or vendor? Post your review here.

Comment

Yep

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
                  If it is the black casing, use S100 Engine Brightner. Best stuff I have tried.
                  Sort of expensive, but excellent results.

Comment

Working...
                  X