Crash/Engine Guard Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crash/Engine Guard Recommendation

Ok, this was a minor want for my 850GL cause I'm feeling age creep in and that other nagging desire for a cruiser config for comfort in riding--something that these old horses are not really known for. Doing a random search on fleabay yielded these. They have an ebay store so no worries about not finding any more. I blinked at the price and blinked some more that they were solid steel, and grinned nicely at the included highway pegs. They were just delivered today. Looked through the box and everything was there including instructions (very sparse) for GS750s and GS850s. This will be my weekend project so stay tuned to see if I had a fight with these or if they were a piece of cake.

Regardless, for $35 including shipping, this price beats most hollow tube designs by at least half. I've seen new and used go for between $70 and $120--not including pegs. Construction is solid (literally) and if they fit, should prove to be a useful steal.

Rocky's has a full array of guards for all sizes it looked like as well as random assortments of other parts.
Working...
X