No announcement yet.

Gs 450

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have confirmed on the motor is indication that it is a 450, and it was made in Dec 1982. But how do I confirm if it is a gs or a gsx?

How universal are the different side covers that connect to the tank, between the different size bikes?

Comment

If it is a 450 it should have 450cc stamped on the front of the cylinderblock (between the headerpipes)
      The -X models are 4 valves per cylinder bikes - this can be seen by looking in thru the intace or exchaust ports. If you see two valve stems it's an X.
      Or you could just lift up the valve cover and count them. 8 makes a 2 cylinder X.

-blo

Comment

It's your bike, but you are about to take the saw to a rare machine. That tail section and the quarter fairing made a beautiful combo. It was also sold without the fairing and as an L model. They were some of Suzuki's coolest twins. I've got an ad in one of the old bike mags in the stacks for them.

I'd think again before I cut that frame. You'll never pile your camping gear on the rear seat and tour if you do.

Comment

450 is stamped on the block. I guess if it is so rare, that is why I can't find a pair of side covers. I'm thinking if I can't find side covers then maybe I could switch to a different model gas tank. Wasn't the frame the same between the different models of 450's? Or what about between the different sizes?

Comment

your gas tank looks just like mine
            so 450e side panels should fit

Comment

Working...
            X