No announcement yet.

Rattle can job...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try using a Roller next time.8-[ http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=111257

Comment

Originally posted by runewolf View Post
      OK, I'm reviving this thread in the hopes of seeing the promised pictures!
      I haven't forgotten, I swear!! It's just that I've been riding the Kawa as much as humanly possible...Soooooo...I plan to get it back together, someday...I was thinking about doing it this week...it only needs a battery and re-assembly...I forgot where I put all the bolts! I haven't finished the tail-piece either...
      I saw the roller job...Would have saved me from getting that blister on my finger:-D

Comment

Hehe, it was just a friendly reminder :-D

Comment

Mildly on topic: I bought some high-temp "aluminum" paint (off-brand/can't remember brand...) at the local hardware store. Shot my starter cover with it, then baked it in the oven at 500 degrees for an hour (it's 1000 degree paint). It's 100% gas proof now and looks GREAT (just like dull aluminum). I've soaked it in gas and scraped it with my fingernail and it didn't even flinch. Plus it's routinely doused in gas from futzing with carbs/gas tank and it's still just like new. So you can get gasoline proof paint out of a one-part rattle-can, but don't expect to use it on your tank unless you want a textured finish.

Comment

Oh, Ihavent forgotten about it....if you can pry my hands of the Kawa 500...:-D
            I plan to paint the starter cover with the gas resistant Dupli color. They have non-textured, but it would look cool I think on the rims:-D

Comment

Working...
            X