Something Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimcor View Post
    You could spend a lot of time just sippin' cold beverages and gawking at those bikes of yours in the garage. That 1000 is a winner, and the 550 is just plain trick.
    Thanks, Jim. :-D I didn't buy 'em to look at though. I hope to put as many miles on them as you have on your 550.
    You're at about 97,000 by now right?

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
    I thought I was the only one who did that! 8-[
    Nah, I do it too...

I've wanted a GS1000S since I was a wee lad. I cherished the 1979 issue of Motorcyclist that featured it on the cover. I was in awe. Wow,87 HP from a street bike? No way! (seems funny now that most of the 600's make over a hundred)
    Like a lot of you guys, I grew up reading about the (then new) superbike class. Wes Cooley, Eddie Lawson, Freddy Spencer battling it out on what seemed to my young eyes "stock" bikes. It made such a lasting impression on me that I still want a KZ1100R, and a CB900F just because that was the shizzle back in the day.
    Everytime I see a cool old UJM, I'm 12 years old again dreaming "someday I'm gonna have one of those".
    Last edited by Guest; 05-30-2007, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Very well done Jeff! Can't wait to see the fairing. The Dude hook you up? I see you went a little bigger with the white on the inset, good choice. This is just my opinion but i would love to see those shocks blacked out, fast bikes don't have chrome ..... One of these days we need to ride together, we'd be the all american combo \\/
      Last edited by first timer; 05-30-2007, 09:04 PM.
      78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
      82 Kat 1000 Project
      05 CRF450x
      10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Originally posted by first timer View Post
        Very well done Jeff! Can't wait to see the fairing. The Dude hook you up? I see you went a little bigger with the white on the inset, good choice. This is just my opinion but i would love to see those shocks blacked out, fast bikes don't have chrome ..... One of these days we need to ride together, we'd be the all american combo \\/
        Thanks, Ryan. :-D
        Dude is why the bike wasn't at BC this year. I first emailed him back in December. Even offered to pay him in advance. He said he'd be ready to make me one by January. I emailed him once a month 'till March and gave up. I guess he was just to busy to do it

I'm with you on the shocks. I plan to get a set of piggybacks in the next couple months.

Best regards, Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by 8trackmind View Post
          Thanks, Jim. :-D I didn't buy 'em to look at though. I hope to put as many miles on them as you have on your 550.
          You're at about 97,000 by now right?
          97,237 as of this evening. :-D

Comment

Originally posted by 8trackmind View Post
            Thanks, Ryan. :-D
            Dude is why the bike wasn't at BC this year. I first emailed him back in December. Even offered to pay him in advance. He said he'd be ready to make me one by January. I emailed him once a month 'till March and gave up. I guess he was just to busy to do it

I'm with you on the shocks. I plan to get a set of piggybacks in the next couple months.

Best regards, Jeff

Damn the Dude, I though he was better then that, maybe he just needed a white russian or something. So who did you go with? air tech?

can't wait to see it, if you need pictures or anything for your fairing so you can paint it let me know. Oops one more thing, just my opinion but when you paint the fairing, black out the inside around the head light with some flat black, it will look much better then running the strips or colors in there.
            78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
            82 Kat 1000 Project
            05 CRF450x
            10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

So who did you go with? air tech?
              Well, after much wrestling and pulling of teeth, my overpriced piece 'o 'glass is finally where it belongs...Killing bugs.

Still have to get some paint slathered upon it, but at least I have all the holes punched.

Got my hillbilly rearsets mounted too. They look like crap, but they seem to work great. Still need to polish 'em up and finish my heavy-as-lead brackets.

Comment

one more thing, just my opinion but when you paint the fairing, black out the inside around the head light with some flat black, it will look much better then running the strips or colors in there.

IMHO, Very Nice !!

That fairing could use a clear plastic rounded cover over the headlight. The front end is too flat.
                Last edited by bonanzadave; 12-14-2007, 08:51 PM.
                82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                  That fairing could use a clear plastic rounded cover over the headlight. The front end is too flat.
                  Well, it's the one Suzuki chose.
                  Who am I to argue with greatness.

Comment

Sweet, sweet, sweet!
                    How much and where from?

Comment

Originally posted by Billyboy View Post
                      Sweet, sweet, sweet!
                      How much and where from?
                      Thanks Billy! I thought you ran away and joined the Circus!

Fairing is from AirTech ($200.00 shipped)
                      Windshield if from Zero Gravity ($100.00 shipped)
                      Mounting brackets came from Suzuki. ($60.00)

Comment

Man that sets that bike off! I've never been much for fairings like that but the more I see them the more I like em. Maybe I'm just getting old :-D.

I would love to build up one of these someday...

Looks great - cant wait to see it painted.

Comment

Bike is all that and a pair of bar end mirrors !

Mike

Comment

Doesn't Aero-tech make a clear lexan cover for the headlight on that fairing?

Comment

Originally posted by hp1000s View Post
                              Doesn't Aero-tech make a clear lexan cover for the headlight on that fairing?
                              I dont know but if they dont Id take a shot at making one. Shouldnt be too tough...I make airplane windows all day.
                              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                                I dont know but if they dont Id take a shot at making one. Shouldnt be too tough...I make airplane windows all day.
                                Well there you go, Dave ... how about cobbling one together and doing a photo tutorial for the rest of us?

Regards,

Comment

Working...
                                X