Something Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks great!
    I have a couple of those fairings and they also offer a surprising amount of protection.
    Did you have to trim the windscreen at all?
    Did it come with the black foam trim?
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

That bike is gorgeous. I love that color. I'm guessing since a buddy sprayed it you got a deal on labor, but how much did the paint run you? I'm curious because there are always painting schemes running through my head.

Comment

Originally posted by mriddle View Post
        Bike is all that and a pair of bar end mirrors !

Mike
        Thank you! :-D

Originally posted by hp1000s View Post
        Doesn't Aero-tech make a clear lexan cover for the headlight on that fairing?
        The 1000s didn't have one. The flat white really make it look worse than it is.

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
        It looks great!
        I have a couple of those fairings and they also offer a surprising amount of protection.
        Did you have to trim the windscreen at all?
        Did it come with the black foam trim?
        It fit just fine, so no trimming was needed.
        No, I used the door edge stuff like you get at the parts store.

Originally posted by jola View Post
        That bike is gorgeous. I love that color. I'm guessing since a buddy sprayed it you got a deal on labor, but how much did the paint run you? I'm curious because there are always painting schemes running through my head.
        The paint would run about $300. The labor could run anywhere from $800 to $1200 depending on the painter.
        Last edited by Guest; 12-18-2007, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Planecrazy View Post
          Well there you go, Dave ... how about cobbling one together and doing a photo tutorial for the rest of us?

Regards,
          My names not Cliff ! But if I had some dims I would give it the ol college try. Attaching it would be tricky. Id probably use some 3M acrylic tape or RTV on the edge.
          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Yes, I know the the "S" model doesn't have a factory headlight cover. I did see one offered either on Aero-tech's site or on a link from their site to a lexan windshield manufacturer's site. Somewhwere on GSR, I've seen a pic with one installed...not real fancy, but will keep the bugs and rocks off the lens.

Comment

Yes, I know the the "S" model doesn't have a factory headlight cover. I did see one offered either on Aero-tech's site or on a link from their site to a lexan windshield manufacturer's site. Somewhwere on GSR, I've seen a pic with one installed...not real fancy, but will keep the bugs and rocks off the lens.
              There is one on the Air Tech site. I think it's supposed to fit the Reed Titan fairing or some such. Might look cool with one on there...

Comment

looking good jeff, so i guess the dude failed you........must have been one to many white russians.

how did you do the rear sets? metal plate with gsxr stuff bolted to it?
                78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
                82 Kat 1000 Project
                05 CRF450x
                10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                  My names not Cliff ! But if I had some dims I would give it the ol college try. Attaching it would be tricky. Id probably use some 3M acrylic tape or RTV on the edge.
                  Hah!! "Thank you for your indulgence," just the same, Buddy!

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by first timer View Post
                    looking good jeff, so i guess the dude failed you........must have been one to many white russians.

how did you do the rear sets? metal plate with gsxr stuff bolted to it?
                    The dude situation is what it is...No big deal.

Yeah, the rear sets are bolted to plates. The ones I used were from a 1991 GSXR 1100. The 91 rear sets are kind of long, so they mount farther forward than the late model stuff. The good part is they end up (mostly) covering the brackets. (which I have not cut out yet)

These are not done yet, I still have to trim the plates, and clean the rear sets up. Need new rubber pads for the pegs too.

It worked out better than I thought.

Comment

Your bike looks great with all your engineering. Maybe I missed it, but did you use all the factory fairing mount brackets?

Comment

Your bike looks great with all your engineering. Maybe I missed it, but did you use all the factory fairing mount brackets?
                        Thanks!
                        I did use the factory brackets. They were still available from Suzuki.

The best part of all my "engineering" is that it can all be reversed. I have not cut the frame, or added any tabs or holes. I still have all the parts, so it can all be put back stock if need be. These bikes aren't worth a whole lot right now, but I think someday they will be. I would feel really guilty hacking up any 70's era liter bike, let alone a GS.

Comment

Originally posted by 8trackmind View Post
                          Thanks!
                          I did use the factory brackets. They were still available from Suzuki.

The best part of all my "engineering" is that it can all be reversed. I have not cut the frame, or added any tabs or holes. I still have all the parts, so it can all be put back stock if need be. These bikes aren't worth a whole lot right now, but I think someday they will be. I would feel really guilty hacking up any 70's era liter bike, let alone a GS.

Amen. All my alterations are to the parts. Not the bike itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja_Lancer View Post
                            I got a few less smurfy pics today.

Rear tire isn't still as low as it is in the pic, is it? :-D
                            Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius086 View Post
                              If tire pressure is the only interesting thing you've noticed in this thread, I really need to try harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius086 View Post
                                I've got this pic in my screen saver, and I've never noticed that.
                                The blue is too pretty to notice the plain black stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X