Painting new sidecovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painting new sidecovers

Hello I bought a new pair of sidecovers for my '82 850 from Suzuki. Now I need to paint them. I am going with gloss black as part of my tank is that color. I am thinking of going with Krylon Fusion paint. Has anyone here used this paint? Maybe using clear coat over the top. Would those work together? I plan to sand first with 400-600grit then wipe down with thinner. Any pointers or advice would be very helpful. The covers are not exactly cheap so I want them to look good. Thanks

I have used Fusion Black to coat some last minute welding work I did on my shift and brake levers (after adding floorboards to my bike). I sprayed them with the intention of slowing down surface rust before "properly" grinding/smoothing/coating them with duraliner.

Much to my surprise, the quick sprayjob has held up amazingly well, and it took quite a long time for my boots to wear off the Fusion from contact areas on each lever. Assuming you properly prep everything I'm betting you'll be very pleased with the results.

Good Luck!

Comment

Used the Fusion paint today and it turned out great. Not a "pro" job, but not the "pro" price either. Decided against the clear coat as I was not sure how well they would work together. If anyone is thinking of trying it I say go for it.At $4 a can at wally world you get pretty nice results.\\/

Comment

I recently did the tank on a Honda CB. I used black engine paint from the local auto parts then put a metal flake glosscoat on it. The result is an interesting gray with a rainbow of colors as light hits it. Cost? $10

JM

Comment

Working...
        X