Round or Square?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Round or Square?

Need to replace my mirrors on my '81 650G. What do you all recommend? I THINK the original's are round but not sure.

Personally, I think square and black would fit the lines of the bike better.

Comment

I agree... I like round mirrors for more old-style cruiser type bikes. I think square/rectangular would suit your bike much better IMO.

Originally posted by UncleMike View Post
      Personally, I think square and black would fit the lines of the bike better.

Comment

I also prefer rectangular, but you have to be mindful of the angle of the handlebars. We have rectangular mirrors on the 850L, but, because of the way they are made, they can not be rotated enough to be horizontal.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Orderedthe rectangluar ones. Thanks for all the advice folks! BTW..I love chrome..so they gotta be shiney

Comment

I just put rectangular chrome ones on my L, and they're much nicer looking than the old round style! Much more lateral view as well.:-D

Comment

Where did you get the rectangular ones?

Comment

Also got some grips and 4 (chrome) turn signals from this vender.

Comment

I've bought stuff from that guy too, TANKPADS, quick shipping, was very good on communication and you can let him kow that certain parts fit another bike and he'll add it to the list on those parts.

Comment

Glad to hear that RW. It's nice to get confirmation that a vender is good. Even with feedback it can be a crap shoot sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyboy8950 View Post
                      Where did you get the rectangular ones?
                      I got mine on ebay: (item # 190109007010)

but dennis kirk has some as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X