Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im Converting

mY KZ 1300 FACTORY TOURING TO A DIFERENT STYLE

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d199/slowpoke59ds/THE%20KZ1300%20CONVERSION/

ILL NEVER GIVE UP THE SUZUKI .
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
    Last edited by Guest; 06-21-2007, 12:24 PM.

Wish I was there.

How you doing?? Great I hope.

Comment

Wow. It looks a lot better like that. I love those bike.:-D

Comment

Losing the fairing might give you more field of vision. Could be a good move for several reasons. Handling should be better.

Comment

So what's the vision for the end result?

Comment

If you wanted to bring the seat height down a little you could raise the forks in the triples a little at a time to see how far you can go before steering gets scary quick. If you take your time relearning how it handles you could probably raise them an inch with no ill effects. The steering will quicken. Between losing the fairing and maybe raising the forks it will handle completely different.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
              If you wanted to bring the seat height down a little you could raise the forks in the triples a little at a time to see how far you can go before steering gets scary quick. If you take your time relearning how it handles you could probably raise them an inch with no ill effects. The steering will quicken. Between losing the fairing and maybe raising the forks it will handle completely different.

I have already installed shorter shocks from an old goldwing. The forks have to stay because of fender clearance with the radiator. I had the solo seat cut down a few years back and that worked well. I had lifts put on my boots that i use just with this machine. I will try to leave the stock seat for now.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
                I have already installed shorter shocks from an old goldwing. The forks have to stay because of fender clearance with the radiator. I had the solo seat cut down a few years back and that worked well. I had lifts put on my boots that i use just with this machine. I will try to leave the stock seat for now.
                Why are you doing this with your bike? I had a 83 venture i did that way once and i left the hard bags on.It was so much easier to get around on with the extra weight off.Is that your goal?
                future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

Originally posted by ron bayless View Post
                  Why are you doing this with your bike? I had a 83 venture i did that way once and i left the hard bags on.It was so much easier to get around on with the extra weight off.Is that your goal?
                  Im short. The fairing causes me lots of grief when i am going slow and riding at night.
                  I took it out yesterday. It is a totally diferent machine now. It handles better than my 1100e before I modified the suspension.
                  I installed a trailer hitch on the kz a couple of years back and have a nice trailer to go with it.
                  As far as the hard bags go we are toying with the idea of leaving them on. It's a hobby and time will tell what gets done.

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
                    So what's the vision for the end result?
                    Just want a bike without a fairing. I'm not into customizing or restoring. This 1980 kz1300 touring was only made one tear and in one color. It would be a perfect candidate for a restoration. Its just not my bag. Riding riding and riding is what i love.
                    The gsxxxrrr750e fills my need to accelerate. The Harley is my show off chugga chugga. The street tracker is close to a show bike and i take it out once in a while. The helix and cm200t are the gas savers, 70+mpg on both.
                    I don't have enough years left to restore a machine.
                    Sp instead of smoking, drinking, car payments, house payments, alimony payments, drugs and fancy clothes, I buy motorcycles.
                    Rocky and I have loads of fun doing minor repairs and attending local bike meets on the scoot collection.

Comment

I really believe you're going to find the handling will improve with the fairing removed as well. With the old test reports on the 1150 the testers all agreed the unfaired bike handled better all the way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
                        I really believe you're going to find the handling will improve with the fairing removed as well. With the old test reports on the 1150 the testers all agreed the unfaired bike handled better all the way around.
                        I already like it much better Bill. Its a big mans bike though. My buddy Bill took it out today. He is probably 6'4" and a well built guy. The size was a perfect match for him,

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
                          I already like it much better Bill. Its a big mans bike though. My buddy Bill took it out today. He is probably 6'4" and a well built guy. The size was a perfect match for him,
                          What size forks are those, Scotty? I've got some 41 mm headlight ears I bought last month and ended up not using. The sizes smaller than that are sold just about everywhere on the internet.
                          Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
                            What size forks are those, Scotty? I've got some 41 mm headlight ears I bought last month and ended up not using. The sizes smaller than that are sold just about everywhere on the internet.
                            I have a set I'm going to send him as well Don. I got them for my bike with 43mm forks but now that I switched to inverted they are too small. These are what I have for him.

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
                              The forks are monsters Don and i really want the type that I dont have to remove the tubes for installation.
                              Thanks for the offer but Bill Made me an offer I cant refuse.
                              Bet you didn't know Bills name was really BIAGGIO RICKSO.:-D

HINT HINT DON FLORIDA GROUP RIDE> ILL HELP WITH ORGANIZING OR DO IT IF YOU WILL GO FOR THE IDEA>

Comment

Working...
                              X