New Pics 78gs550E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Pics 78gs550E

Just got the Gold Emblems from BB. Ordered tuesday night got here on friday. Mounted on Saturday. Also did a bit more polishing on some engine caps, lots of fun. Still some more engine cleaning to do though havent found a suitable wire brush for the fins.

another view
    Last edited by Guest; 06-24-2007, 09:16 PM.

Comment

another view.
      Last edited by Guest; 06-24-2007, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Looks pretty good; I like what you've done with the seat

Comment

nice

very nice, but i'd really like to see a front and rear shot of it. the side view looks real nice. post some more pics plz:-D btw the seat does look great, very clean bike too. care to clean mine:shock: j.w.napier

Comment

Heres a front shot. Fairly recent. Other pics I've posted but some where thr bike was'nt complete.

Comment

Engine is sort of clean. Still getting that together. Most of the caps I polished with a 4" polishing wheel or the dremel with the polishers and polishing compound. Thanks for the inquarys.
              Last edited by Guest; 07-05-2007, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Heres the back view. Haven't learned how to post multiple pics yet.

Comment

wow

man i just love the way your bike looks. that little windscreen has a real cool look to it. all most kinda a cafe/ street fighter look? i guess don't really know what to call it, but it looks great on there nice way to hide the turns and tail in that area ties together really clean. great job any more plans? let us know :-D
                  j.w.napier

Comment

Thanks for the comps. That is the look I was going for. My parameters were to figure on some simple changes, keep it GS late 70's, not spend alot of bread, and the Black makes it sort of MADMAX. Bassicly I forced my self to plan each change. A couple of times I changed something and went in the wrong direction and had to correct. Heres the familiar "I just got a GS pic." from last year.
                    Last edited by Guest; 07-07-2007, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Here is my other 550e work in progress. Sort of a bobber.

Comment

These changes should work on any pre 1980 GS with Disc brakes. Both Of mine are 550E's. The Black one has the following:
                        cut back frame @6 " remount cowling.
                        18" front wheel from a GS 425 or 450 single caliper only.
                        Buell "Blast" Flyscreen sprayed Black With Krylon Fusion for plastics
                        Sprayed wheels Black with Duplicolor Wheel Coating flat Black.
                        New progressive Springs in rear from Ebay.
                        Clip ons mounted on top of trees with a Black "DRAG bar" cut in half.
                        New Emblems from BB.
                        New chain and Sprokets from Z1
                        polished engine caps with 4" wheel and dremel wheel.
                        Trailer lights from pep boys mounted in tail.
                        New MAC exhaust from ebay BIKE-PARTS-OUTLET.
                        Cut down seat re-upolstered with some cheap vinyl from the fabric store.
                        I think thats it for appearance mods.

The red 550 just has Savage shocks in rear.
                        550L rear fender
                        Clip ons from a Honda VFR 500. Shimed
                        18" wheel from a GS 425/450.
                        Soon to have a seat pan and some paint.

Comment

I just want to note that a good wheel choice for a 750 or 1000 would be to use a 18" rear GS mag from a 550E. Like 8TRACKmind's GS1000. I have a 130 on that rim. This is to avoid converting to a single disc for the 18'' GS front wheel. 18" rear 19'' front is the result. The 550E gets away with the single disc 18" front because it is smaller and lighter.

Comment

Working...
                          X