Putting full fairing from an 84' 750EF onto a 750E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting full fairing from an 84' 750EF onto a 750E

I'm curious if anyone would know this. What changes would need to be made to the E?(besides changing the headlight). I know the bars on the EF are different than the E's I'm wondering if they'll have sufficient clearance. Also would the fairing brackets simply attach to the frame or? Finally how much would you be willing to dish out for a full fairing and brackets.

Thanks in advance

No modifications required.

The "E" frame is the same as the "ES" and "EF" frames. All you need to do is source the parts - Upper fairing stay, headlight, fairings, and mouting brackets for the lowers.

The hardest part to find is going to be the full lowers.

Everything is a direct bolt-on, no surprises.

Edit - there is one difference between the "E" and "ES/EF" - the wiring harness is different where it mounts inside the front fairing. Doesn't matter, though - the "E" harness can still be routed to work with the "ES/EF" fairing. You do not need to change the bars, either - I've used my "ES" upper on my "E" with OEM "E" bars, OEM "ES" bars, Honda Hurricane bars, Daytona aftermarket bars, and Telefix fully adjustable bars - no issues with clearance.

-Q!
    Last edited by Guest; 07-04-2007, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Still on my quest for fairings. I've come across an 83 GS (assuming EF??) with a full fairings but a toast engine. Does anyone know if the fairings would fit an 84 750E? I'm doubting the lowers would fit.

Also I own an 81 GS550TX with an engine that runs like a clock, but the bodies a little rough(someone started to customize it but never finished). Anyone know how interchangeable(fairing, engine, wheels etc) the 83 550 and the 81 would be? I know the engines changed after 81 and I'm just curious if I could just 'swap bodies.'

Comment

The fairings from any year GS1100ES or GS750ES/EF will fit.

There was a set of GS1100ES full lower fairings that just sold on eBay about 3 days ago for ~$125.00 with no mounting brackets... :shock:

Edit - if the bike's a 1983, then it's an ES. The EF was the full-faired version of the ES, sold beginning in 1984 when they dropped the 750E (naked version, headlight fairing only).

There's the EF-E and the EF-F, with the last letter reflecting the model year (1983=D, 1984=E, 1985=F). In other words, my 1983 bike is a GS750ESD. AFAIK, All 1983+ GS750Exx bikes should be 100% cross-compatible with each other. About 95% of the GS700 parts are cross-compatible with these bikes as well (minor tweaks to cosmetic and engine internal bits), and the same for the fairings on the GS1100ES (other parts from the 1100 can be used, but none are really "bolt & go" exchanges).

-Q!
        Last edited by Guest; 08-13-2007, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vivalast View Post
          Still on my quest for fairings. I've come across an 83 GS (assuming EF??) with a full fairings but a toast engine. Does anyone know if the fairings would fit an 84 750E? I'm doubting the lowers would fit.

The 1983 750E did not come with full lower fairings. What you're seeing are either factory parts from a 1984+ 750EF or aftermarket parts for a 1983+ 750ES/1100ES (or even a 700ES).

Unless it's really a 1984 - bear in mind that if the date on the VIN plate is towards the end of 1984 (say September-December), it's probably a 1984 model year bike.

Check here for more info :http://www.suzukicycles.org/index.html

And also browse the image gallery here on GSR for some good photos of both stock and customized 750's.

-Q!
          Last edited by Guest; 08-13-2007, 03:42 PM.

Comment

I have a full fairing for a 84 750 ef.I have the headlight and brackets and side cover and wind screen.The screen need sto be replaced.If you are interested i can send you pics.

Bill

Comment

Working...
            X