No announcement yet.

New/used Hard bags installed and painted. *PICS*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bags look great, but the seat cover has gotta go.
    V
    Gustov
    80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
    81 GS 1000 G
    79 GS 850 G
    81 GS 850 L
    83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
    80 GS 550 L
    86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
    2002 Honda 919
    2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Cool ! Its kinda got a European flair to it. Next youll be running her in the Isle of Man. Very functional. You can put your _ _ _ _ in there.
      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by J_C View Post
        I love them! I too would love to see how you fabbed the mounting hardware!
        Looks good. Yah, how about the mounting hardware? I have a set of hard bags that I may put on my bike.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeywrench View Post
          Looks good. Yah, how about the mounting hardware? I have a set of hard bags that I may put on my bike.
          Yeah I've always much preferred the angular/aerodynamic hard bags look to the squared off leather look. I don't know if I'd do it any time soon, but I'm definitely interested in HOW it's done, particularly give then shortage of GS specific hard bags

Comment

The bags I got are auctally off of a Yamaha of some sort and they are more square. I need to paint them and figure out some sort of mounting brackets.

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
              Cool ! Its kinda got a European flair to it. Next youll be running her in the Isle of Man. Very functional. You can put your _ _ _ _ in there.
              HAhA! A LOT of it!:-D

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                The bags look great, but the seat cover has gotta go.
                V
                It's in the plans.

Comment

The bags included the mounting hardhare. It wasn't perfect, but close. I hade to bolt on a piece of flatbar from the sig mounts to the mounting rails.

The tail rail was busted off. I'll need to fix that befor too long.

Bags are bolted to the rails.

Comment

Very well done, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Billyboy View Post
                      I rider friend saw these hard bags and a top box at the dump and snagged them. He thought they'd go with my bike pretty well. I think he was right.

Well,hers a geezer asking a question.Those bags lok great.How did you mount them? I want to do the same thing.Any pics of brackets you made or anything?
                      future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

Thanks so much for those pictures.oks like the mount to the shocks would be hard to make.
                        future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

After getting my Guzzi with hard bags I would love to find some small hard bags for the Suzuki. I can't find any though.

Comment

are those GS1100GK bags or off of a GK of somesort?

Comment

Originally posted by Outlawz24 View Post
                              are those GS1100GK bags or off of a GK of somesort?
                              I have no idea. They came with two chrome rails each side that are supposed to me guards or showy things. I didn't use them.
                              If that helps...

Comment

hi, nice bags. do you know where I could get a set?

Comment

Working...
                                X