New/used Hard bags installed and painted. *PICS*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New/used Hard bags installed and painted. *PICS*

I rider friend saw these hard bags and a top box at the dump and snagged them. He thought they'd go with my bike pretty well. I think he was right.

Last edited by Guest; 07-06-2007, 02:17 PM.

score!
    the best deals are free

Comment

Perfect fit for the bike. A real mini-bagger for sure.

I've got a set off E-bay a few years ago for a decent price which I was going to put on the old Virago I had , but never got around to it. I was toying with the idea of putting them on the GS and I might just after seing yours.

Some bikes don't suit hard bags IMHO but the flow is right on that bike and as Simon says,you can't beat the price. You should also be proud that you've saved more crap going into the landfill. Recycle and reuse....good motto to live by.

Make sure they update the pic in this months bikes.

Well done.
      Cheers,
      Spyug.

Comment

lookin good, i like that and i really dont like bags on these gs's. i may steal your idea some day....

Comment

Thanks Guys. I really didn't want to put bags on the bike because I was afraid of making it look like a geezer mobile and also destroy the line of the bike, but these don't seem to take much away and may even add to it. And the functionality of the bags make them hard to argue with.

I like the current BOM pic the way it is. Besides. That's a lot of work to make it that clean and shiny again. It's not a show piece/trailer queen, it, my daily rider.
          Last edited by Guest; 07-06-2007, 05:27 PM.

Comment

That's a really sharp-looking setup. Nice work!

Comment

It's nice riding with bags... once you do you get over the whole geezer thing pretty quick. But you don't have to worry about that because they look great on your bike!
              Currently bikeless
              '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
              '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Anybody who has ever joked about my "geezer" setup on the 1100G stopped joking when they finally caught up to me after a nice set of twisties -- haha!!

I think if you stick a matching set of flush turn signals on the back of the boxes you'll do a nice job of killing two birds with one stone - covering the exposed holes that are there and making the bike a bit more visible now that the boxes block the turn signals from the side...

Looks Very Nice!

Comment

Very nice! The only thing I use more than my bags is my rack (laptop lashes to it great). How 'bout some shots of your mounting hardware?
                  Last edited by Guest; 07-06-2007, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Holy Cow Billy:shock:
                    Are you trying for Bike of the Year???
                    You're making us look bad8-[
                    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
                    2000 Kawasaki Concours
                    Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Man you couldn't get a set to look more like it just belongs there if you tried! Very nice!

Comment

You guys are too kind!

Comment

Those really look sweet, Billy. That whole bike is such an inspiration.

I'm sure you covered it in another thread, but who did your paint (and $$$?)?
                          "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...dStatesMap.jpg

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Thanks so much Bert.

I painted everything but the tank. Demkote flack black, flat white and clearcoat.

The tank was painted by a friend of mine. Let's say he owed me a favor.:?

We were wrestling. He's a big guy, 245, all muscle. I'm no slouch, but he had the advantage for sure. I ended up with a broken rib, or dislocated, or torn cartilage. Either way, I wasn't upset. Stuff happens. But he wouldn't accept a dime.

Comment

I love them! I too would love to see how you fabbed the mounting hardware!

Comment

Working...
                              X