Pics of aftermarket mirrors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics of aftermarket mirrors?

I have an '83 GS1100GL. I put Daytona bars on the bike, which I like much better than the buck-horn factory bars. The bike was missing one of its mirrors when I got it and all the ones I've purchased weren't positioned right or couldn't be adjusted right. So, I'm looking for aftermarket mirrors.

I'm looking for a mirror that follows the overall style of the factory mirror...This means a chrome stalk and a square-ish mirror. It would be nice if the stalk was longer and the mirror could be positioned out enough so I can see more than my shoulders. Bikemaster has two different ones, the "stainless" mirror, which I'm guessing is smaller, and the "universal chrome mini-mirror," which I'm guessing is taller. Does anyone have pics of either of these mirrors mounted on their bike? Or, alternatively, can someone recommend a good set of aftermarket mirrors that are adjustable without being overly "self-adjusting?"
    Last edited by Guest; 07-11-2007, 01:25 AM.

I managed to snag a set of mirrors from a guy that was "streamlining" his SV800. They are rectangular stainless with chrome stalks. On my K&N Staghorn bars they work surprisingly well. Plenty of visibility, even with my 6'3" size. They look good, too. I think his bike was a '93.

I've got an Emgo mirror catalog with lots of "factory spec" mirrors, I could try and look up a compatible set and send you the Emgo part #.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'd like to see a pic of your mirror setup if you get a chance. I'd also be interested in any part numbers for stuff that looks not-out-of-place on a bike like mine.

Comment

I'll see what I can come up with.

Comment

So I ended up just ordering the Bikemaster "Stainless" square-ish mirrors from BikeBandit. We'll see how they look. For $30, if they're ugly I'll just get different ones.

Comment

I have Emgo "lil cruisers" on mine they sit lower on the bars but ended up giving me better visibility. and they wer only 30 bucks.

Comment

Oops heres a pic of the mirrors..

Comment

Cool. Thanks for the pics.

Comment

Got the mirrors from Bikemaster. Forgive the bad photography.

They fit with the style of the bike pretty well and don't look out of place. The only problem is the one I have mounted on the left-side bar has a bit of a dent in the back. I don't know if I should bother getting it replaced or not...Maybe I'll call them tomorrow and see what they say.

Comment

So I got ahold of BikeBandit about the dented mirror. They're sending me a new one and e-mailed me a pre-paid shipping label so I can return the old one. I was pretty surprised at how nicely their customer service treated me, particularly over a $13 part.

Comment

Working...
                    X