Bigger tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimcor View Post
    This from the Concours front tire a 100/90X18 Hi-Max, this tire does not even use the camo 'designed in' marking but is plainly embossed Made in China. The number is: DOT 7FMS 4805.
    My listing of tire factories doesn't have the factory "7FMS" on it. That concerns me in itself a bit. It is likely that I just don't have a complete list, but it is also possible (but very unlikely) that the number is counterfit.

However the other number, 4805, indicates that the tire was made in the 48th week of 2005. Since I have two tires made in Taiwan after than, the Taiwanese factory is still in operation, and at least some of the Cheng Shin tires imported into the US are coming from that factory. And it might not make any difference at all.

Tom
    sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Working...
    X