Corbin seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corbin seat

I am thinking about my seat and looked at Corbins site. They do not make one for my GS1000 but do make one for the GS1100. Has anybody tried to make one fit on a GS1000 or is this just not possible.
    Thanks

It's may be possible, but the GS1000 seat has a metal base, hinges on the left side, and the latch is on the right.
    The 82/83 1100 seat has no hinges, has a plastic base , and the latch is in the rear.
    Last edited by Guest; 07-13-2007, 08:37 PM.

Comment

If you contact them you may be able to send them a seat pan and have it done. A friend of mine has all his bikes done by them and he goes straight to Corbin when he gets a new bike. Of course they are only a couple hours from here.

Comment

try Sargeant as well
        GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

Call the seat company. They might have done them in the past. Mike Corbin is a packrat. He never throws anything away

Comment

Originally posted by 8trackmind View Post
            It's may be possible, but the GS1000 seat has a metal base, hinges on the left side, and the latch is on the right.
            The 82/83 1100 seat has no hinges, has a plastic base , and the latch is in the rear.
            Speaking from my knowledge of my 550L seat, the latches under the seat are convertible, at least you can remove some parts for one and install other parts for the other and convert the frame from side latch to rear latch. Depending on which you preferred, it might be possible to make the 1100 seat work on your 1000 by removing the side hinges and adding the rear latch stay.

No clue about any dimensional variations though.

Comment

Working...
            X