SS replacement bolts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS replacement bolts?

I want to replace the three small head bolts on the 550 with stainless (ideally chrome plated would be nice).

I had to park the bike outdoors near the beach for a few days the these rusted up on me pretty quick.

Does anyone know the type of bolts? Where to order them?

thanks!

Originally posted by DimitriT View Post
    I want to replace the three small head bolts on the 550 with stainless (ideally chrome plated would be nice).

I had to park the bike outdoors near the beach for a few days the these rusted up on me pretty quick.

Does anyone know the type of bolts? Where to order them?

thanks!
    I just take the bolts to my Ace hardware matchem and get my stainless there.

Or you could get them from here http://www.stainlesscycle.com/catalog/
    I got a full kit for my Guzzi from there.

Comment

Aren't there issues with using SS bolts in aluminum? Some kind of galvanic reaction that will lead to mucho trouble when time comes to remove said bolt?
      Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that! :)

Comment

I haven't had any problems to date and I put in ss bolts for the oil filter cover years ago.. I have had less problems with ss because it doesn't rust and bind up and I always use anti sieze.

Comment

I can't seem to find flange hex bolts in SS or chrome. Do you
          think it would be a problem if I use a std hex along with a
          thin flat washer?

Comment

There are galvanic issues when any two dissimilar metals touch. Use anti-seize compound to reduce the problem.
            sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

I bought a kit for my Katana from Stainless Cycle and havent had any problems all. They are good quality bolts.

Comment

Working...
              X