Suzuki Decals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki Decals

I must highly recommend Reproduction Decals in Ontario, Cananda (Tel) 519-668-7152 or http://www.reproductiondecals.com.

I needed a right side cover decal for my 1982 GS850L for the longest time, and could not find it anywhere. I found these guys, and on their Suzuki menu, found decal sets for many GS models and many years, but not mine. After cross referencing microfiches on Bike Bandit and Flat Out Motorcycles, it appears that side cover part numbers are close but not exact for many models. I sent a digital photo with overlayed measurements and angles to Reproduction Decals, and their graphic artist said the '81 GS1100G decal would match up to my '82 GS850L perfectly. They get $99 for a 4 piece set-a bargain (both sides of the tank and both side covers), but found just a right side cover one laying around and sold it to me for $20! To avoid screwing it up, I brought it to my autobody shop friends who used a heat gun to get all the old pieces off and install the new one. The decal guys recommend clear coating tank decals to protect from fuel spills, but not necessary for engine side covers. Here's the before and after photos, and hope you enjoy. Larry.

Before:

After:

Very cool. I wonder if they could make what I want and how much it would cost me...I e-mailed them a few questions.
    Last edited by Guest; 07-16-2007, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X