Johnnay's GS1100 almost finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johnnay's GS1100 almost finished

Ok, so here is my bike as it stands now, with a GSXR front and rear conversion and a shortened rear (+ reworked wiring, 530 conversion, yada yada). just need to finish the seat, gauges and fit new brake lines. Whadja think?

The rear fender I made...

Comment

and the front...

Comment

Nice work! I like the look of the headlight from the low angle shot ... hard to judge it from the front view but looks good overall. One of these days I might get more daring with the work on my bike but for now I'll leave the major mods to others!! ;-)

My only question/concern is that in bad weather (which I know you won't often experience) it looks like road debris is going to get into all the nooks and crannies in the rear and be a b*tch to clean up. Is there a way to add a lip to your custom fender that would continue to give you the look you're going for while still allowing most of the grime to drip back off the bike?

How's it handle with the newer pieces versus the stock setup?

Regards,
        Last edited by Guest; 08-11-2007, 08:02 PM. Reason: fixed a typo

Comment

It's true, there are a few more nooks & crannies than I'd like, but I'm a total fair-weather biker. I don't ride in the rain if I can help it. I'm considering a small hugger to go on the swingarm, but that probably won't help the licence plate area much... who knows, I may redesign that piece next year.

Still need to finish some bits & pieces before I ride it.

Comment

Comin' along very nicely. Good on ya m8!

Comment

Looks sharp. Are you going to have gauges?

Comment

Originally posted by johnnay View Post
                Ok, so here is my bike as it stands now, with a GSXR front and rear conversion and a shortened rear (+ reworked wiring, 530 conversion, yada yada). just need to finish the seat, gauges and fit new brake lines. Whadja think?
                Johnnay,

Very nice, very clean. I like how simply you made the rear set conversion. Probably deserves a close up and some details. The low, wide radials add alot to the overall GS look.

Have you driven it much? I'm finding the GSXR front end and modern swingarm really make the GS handle better than I thought was possible. The single rear shock must be better still.

Comment

nice

i think you've done a great job. :-Di like the look of the bike. it has new school technology\\/ and old school muscle and cool. :-Dkeep up the good work can't wait to see more.
                  have a good one

J.W.Napier

Comment

Nice! You've made a ton of progress, love the looks!

Comment

Thanks for the comments, guys...

gauges will be either a GPS or an acewell unit or similar

attached is the rearset pic - I think there's more info in my "1980 GS1100e monoshock how to" thread..

Comment

Is that a factory GSXR headlight or aftermarket? Looks downright mean. Also, where did the rear blinkers come from? You've done some nice work.

Comment

Awesome work, How much lighter is this bike now?

Comment

The headlight is a Europe-only Yamaha FZ6n - cost a pretty penny and was a bit of a hassle to get here, but I like it.. :-D

Haven't weighed the bike yet, but I imagine it's quite a bit lighter - wheels & suspension, as well as a lot of metal cut off. Also lost a lot of wires when I simplified the wiring harness.

Comment

That looks great! I love the stripped down streetfighter look. Good work. Where are the forks/rims/brakes from?

Comment

Working...
                              X