Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shorty Tip or Muffler

What's up all,

I'm still in progress on cafe'ing my GS650G a bit more. Currently I'm not entirely happy with my exhaust at the moment. I'd like to get a bit more aggressive sound out of it, but the cone muffler now just isn't doing it.

I've seen a lot of other projects that just have a small tip on the end of the 4-1 header.

Example:
    image courtesy of www.cb750cafe.com

I'm not having much luck finding anything like this when doing searches (ebay or google). Are these just standard automotive exhaust tips, or are these specifically for motorcycles.

If anybody is familiar with these, do you know if there is anything like this that would have any sort of muffling properties or is it just a straight tip (I do have neighbors that I don't want to **** off TOO much).

I'd appreciate any thoughts, comments, or suggestions.

peace

Look at exhaust pipes for Harleys. There are several diameter pipes and baffles that might bolt right up. A welding shop could give you the length of stainless for your outlet and just order the corresponding baffle. You might also look into a shorty glasspack or something similar from JC Whitney.

Comment

try finding a 4-1 yosh pipe or something that you could cut down
      1980 Gs550e....Not stock... :)

Comment

that sucker has gotta be LOUD.

Comment

for a second there I couldn't even recognize your GS650G, then I read that it wasn't...

that's a nicely done bike tho!

Comment

Working...
          X