engine emblems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine emblems

Anyone know where I can find the two circular engine emblems for a 78 gs1000. The ones I keep finding have the gold in them, however I would prefer the silver and black ones that came on it originally.

thanks

I'm in the same boat. I really want the stock all black with chrome lettering emblems but can't find any in good condition. There was a NOS stator cover and emblem on Ebay a while back but I didn't want to fork over $75 for them. Now I'm thinking I should have because that was the only one I've seen in 4 months of looking. If you find a source, let me know! Thanks.

Josh
    '79 GS850

Comment

Make that three of us looking for them I need a set to finish off my S.

Comment

Got mine a the dealer. Peel-n-stick. I think they were $15 a side. Disregard if youve been there. Mine is an 82 so ya got me by a few years...
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
          Got mine a the dealer. Peel-n-stick. I think they were $15 a side. Disregard if youve been there. Mine is an 82 so ya got me by a few years...
          Yeah, the post '80 models' emblems are the only ones available from the dealer as far as I've found so far.

Josh

Comment

I was trying to get the black emblems for my gs750. I ordered them from bike bandit. But when I got them, they superseded the number and gave me the gold ones. I used them anyway. They may not make the black ones anymore, just the gold, I dont know.

Comment

They still show up with P/N and price in the on-line microfisches for a 1978 GS1000. Get the P/N and call yor dealer.

Comment

You can't get the silver ones anymore. I've tried, beleive me. The only ones I have seen are sometimes on ebay. The last one I watched went for over 100 dollars.:shock: The gas tank emblems and side cover emblems are the same way.... no silver, just gold. So my Skunk has all gold on it, which looks just fine. :-D
                85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

emblems

go to prosource suzuki.com i bought mine (the black and silver ) for about 10 dollars each. they look great

Last edited by Guest; 08-31-2007, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Try ebay or BB. I see them all the time on the bay.
                    Last edited by Guest; 08-31-2007, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ta473 View Post
                      go to prosource suzuki.com i bought mine (the black and silver ) for about 10 dollars each. they look great

http://www.prosourcemotorsports.com/...zuki&year=1982
                      Do you have a pic?
                      85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                      79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

I managed to find a new original last year on eBay, the guy had some extras which I should have bought. He sort of disappeared and his email doesn't seem to work anymore ....I tried. I got lucky and paid 20 bucks for it. I'm afraid to put it on as someone might steal it. LOL. Actually I'm going to replace my points cover before I use it.
                        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/
                        https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4306/35860327946_08fdd555ac_z.jpg

Comment

Working...
                        X