Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 GS1000 Hardtail Turbo Chop

Good Evening ladies and gentlemen.
    I finaly finished the my project. It only took 4 years, but you know how life can slow things up. Thanks for the help, parts, and words of encouragement that I have recieved from various folks here.

Steve

PS: more pics at my website.

I am not usually a fan of choppers, but that looks like a great job. Congrats.

Mike

Comment

WOW. That is WELL DONE. Beautiful! You've obviously taken the time to do it right.

Comment

An obvious labour of love.
        My guess is rear tire wear MIGHT be an issue.
        Have fun with it.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

looking pretty good, lots of work done real well you should be proud.

i would like to see some aftermarket spark plug wires on it, something with a some colorto energise it and give it a little more hotrod look.
          78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
          82 Kat 1000 Project
          05 CRF450x
          10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheelie View Post
            Good Evening ladies and gentlemen.
            I finaly finished the my project. It only took 4 years, but you know how life can slow things up. Thanks for the help, parts, and words of encouragement that I have recieved from various folks here.

Steve

PS: more pics at my website.
            [ATTACH]2688[/ATTACH]
            Super Cool Bike!

Comment

Holy hell. Great, now you've got me looking into turbos!

I've never seen a turbo bike so clean and efficient, especially not while maintaining such an agressive look.

"You've got a CBR600? Well, let me tell you what I've got......"

Comment

SO COOL =p~

Comment

Fantastic job!!!
                  2 suggestions, "sissy bar" and more brakes

I posted on your site about upgrading the brakes

Great job..........WOW...........I'm "blown" away
                  Keith
                  -------------------------------------------
                  1980 GS1000S, blue and white
                  2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Um, what's your site address?

Comment

Originally posted by txironhead View Post
                      Um, what's your site address?

You need to view his public profile through his username and then follow the link to his homepage.

Comment

that is one sick bobber,you did so much work to that,I know you love it man.

Comment

Dude that is AMAZING! Sweetest thing I have seen in a long time! Enjoy all that hard work man you deserve it!

Comment

Thank you for the kind words. I thought my web page would show up on the post since it was in my profile. Thanks kb9 for helping out there.
                            Funny thing about the brakes Kieth, this bike started as an E model which I purchased to get the dual disks for my 1978 base model GS1000.
                            90 percent of the work was done in my one car garage. The body and frame were painted by a pro, but he made me do all the prep work. The structural welding was also done by a pro. My Father in Law owns a huge machine shop and we'd go there on Sundays to make the various bits and pieces that a project like this requires.

Here are some highlights of the bike:

Front fender is from a HD Dyna Glide shortened by about 5".
                            Rear fender is the original front fender.
                            Gas tank is a 1982 GS750L with the 1980 GS1000 tank cut up and overlayed to get the stretch and the "shoulders".
                            Side covers were made from a damaged Dodge Ram quarter panel.
                            The front end (forks, triple clamps, wheel,, brakes) stock 1978 GS1000.
                            The rear wheel assembly and brakes stock GS1000 with a Honda F2 rear master cylinder.
                            Front half of the frame is stock GS1000 except where I hid the extra 7 degrees of rake and 2" down tube drop.
                            Back half of the frame all Wheelie.
                            Stock 1979 GS1000 engine. (Thanks to member TCForemost).
                            Mr. Turbo/ATP turbo charger system with a Rayjay HB turbocharger.
                            Drag Specialties 5" headlight.
                            1932 Ford Model A tail light.

I said highlights so I'd better stop there.

Chop 'em if you got 'em. And leave the flat black rattle can paint for the BBQ.

Steve

Comment

Looks good man! Lotta work there.
                              Gotta ask though, how do you think the stock motor and drivetrain will handle the power if you really use it?
                              And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                              Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
                              X