1980 GS1000 Hardtail Turbo Chop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Wheelie, any numbers from the track

I went to the home page, its easy to see where 4 years went.

Nice job.

Comment

I've only got 50 miles on the odometer. It needs some more fine tuning before I consider taking it to the track. I'll run it against my '78 first. Not even sure how much boost I'm getting as I haven't mounted the gauge yet. That is this weekends project. Can't tell if it's really fast or just feels that way because it's only 5" off the ground and has no rear suspension.
      The "B" rotor Rajay is small. Should be on a 750cc motor. This turbo will max out at 7 psi at 9000 rpm on the 1000. Mr. Turbo said maybe a 30 percent increase in power. Should be safe for the stock drive line. Would be nice to have a welded crank and transmission upgrades if I was going to wail on it.
      Putting the turbo on this bike kind of happened by accident. A friend picked up a blown up GS750 for free and this system appeared to be the cause of that bikes demise. It solved my exhaust problems, it looked cool and it cost me $250. Did a labor trade with another friend who is a turbo nut and the rebuild of this system was his form of payment.

Comment

tHAT IS AWESOME!!! Double cool.
        future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

WOW!! that is some serious work! great job!

so what was your science experiment? was that to take off something? or put it on... I was just wondering about home chrome plating, perhaps that's some part of it?

Comment

I forgot those pictures were on there. That is electrolytic rust removal. You put the part in a solution of water and washing soda. Hook up a battery charger and watch the rust disolve.

Comment

WOW is all I have to say about that.

Comment

THATS what I'd call a HOT ROD !!!! \\/
                NICE WORK !!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X