shock part number?Pod filter,footpegs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shock part number?Pod filter,footpegs

Well,there aint no way i cant make my 80 1000L into a touring bike for the missus and me, so I am going to eventually buy an old goldwing for that purpose and of course keep the gs for everyday riding.questions:
    1.My rear shocks are shot.I cant seem to find them on the progressive site.I was hoping since i am going back to my original power cruiser theme to find some a little shorter to lower it a bit.
    2.I have had my bike exactly 2 years and because of many mechanical problems until i finally fixed them not too long ago it has probably had about 1500 miles put on it.How often do you clean or oil those pod filters.Mine are unis I think.
    3.My rubber footpegs are really beat up, ground up, and ugly.Have any of you put on any kind of aftermarket pegs?

Here are my plans:
    Paint it dupont meltdown red.
    maltese cross signals since it is also a silent Christian witness.I am a CMA member.
    MAC 4 into 2 turnouts or 4 into 1,i cant decide.
    I already have a custom made cross sissybar.
    lower the front down by loosening the front fork pinch clamps,i think this goes down about 3/4 inch.
    go to purple harley.com and get some of their pinstripes for the front fender and tank.

What do ya'll think?
    future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

I think every bike has its limits and advantages although Wheelie may have proved that axium wrong. Go for it. you can always change your mind.

Exhausts are always a good investment and i haven't shopped for shocks but how much in the hole can they set you back. A better ride is a better ride. Besides what else were you going to do over the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Bopi View Post
      I think every bike has its limits and advantages although Wheelie may have proved that axium wrong. Go for it. you can always change your mind.

Exhausts are always a good investment and i haven't shopped for shocks but how much in the hole can they set you back. A better ride is a better ride. Besides what else were you going to do over the winter.
      we dont have winter here.but i agree with you.thanks for input.winter lasts about a month.usually have 1/2 inch of snow,2 days with ice on roads,thats about it.
      future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

We got 18" of snow here a few years back, freaked everyone out. First time I'd seen "real" snow since Jacksonville. There were a lot of accidents because no one knew what to expect.

I miss riding in McAllen. Summer and late fall were the only two seasons there. It might freeze one or two days max.

I think the MAC turnouts look better. And I make it a point to clean my filter, pods or otherwise, about every three months or 5,000 miles. A bike that can breathe is a happy bike.

Comment

Originally posted by txironhead View Post
          We got 18" of snow here a few years back, freaked everyone out. First time I'd seen "real" snow since Jacksonville. There were a lot of accidents because no one knew what to expect.

I miss riding in McAllen. Summer and late fall were the only two seasons there. It might freeze one or two days max.

I think the MAC turnouts look better. And I make it a point to clean my filter, pods or otherwise, about every three months or 5,000 miles. A bike that can breathe is a happy bike.

thanks for input.where is clute?

Comment

About an hour southeast of Houston. Brazoria County. The oldest county in Texas, but definitely not the best.

Comment

Working...
            X