Recommendations for small hard bags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendations for small hard bags?

On my small bike, I'm looking for replacements for the current 20 yr. old JC Whitney hard panniers.

Any recommendations? Cheap is good.

Mark Fisher
    sigpic
    ..............................27 years

I would like to buy your old ones.I think they would work on my gs 1000L.I think the comany is named Tsukayu.A google would correct the spelling.Also check out shoei.
    future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

Yeah, well...

The Tsukayu (SP?) bags are very nice, but they cost as much as I paid for the bike!

I think I'll refinish what I've got. There are some "Frankenstein style" repairs I did about 20m years ago, but I've got a plastic welder now, and more confidence in my spray technique, thanks to the rattle-can article on the GS pages.

Thanks for responding.
      Mark Fisher
      sigpic
      ..............................27 years

Comment

Originally posted by ron bayless View Post
        I would like to buy your old ones. I think they would work on my gs 1000L.
        Ron, are you particularly set on a particular brand or look, or are you just looking for hard bags?
        I have some in the shed that are just begging for a new home.
        Not sure right now of the brand, but I can get some pictures of them if you are interested.

Also have assorted other bits and pieces, so I should probably get pics of all and just post them on the For Sale board.

Last edited by Steve; 09-04-2007, 12:45 PM.
        sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Ron, are you particularly set on a particular brand or look, or are you just looking for hard bags?
          I have some in the shed that are just begging for a new home.
          Not sure right now of the brand, but I can get some pictures of them if you are interested.

Also have assorted other bits and pieces, so I should probably get pics of all and just post them on the For Sale board.

I'll see those pix. I'm looking for hard bags. Something to go on a 1100gk.

Comment

Working...
          X