Shaved bar mounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaved bar mounts?

Anyone ever shaved the bar mounts on their bike? I plan on running clip-ons, and want a clean look.

If anyone has any advice or precautions, let me know.

Thanks!

bar mounts

I was thinking of doing the same thing with the clip-ons and the only real solution I came up with was to have my buddy machine a new top tripple clamp but i dont know if that can be done... but a billet top clamp would be sick....

Comment

This guy made his own clamps... But thats not really what I was talking about.

I figured I could just cut them off and grind them shooth. I know there would be holes left from the bar mounts, but they could be filled with a TIG, or used as mounting holes for "dumby" lights.

Comment

Maybe Early Katana Triple Could Be The Answer

What forks are you using? I ask because I'm running a top clamp off an '83 Katana (I think that's the SD model?) which came stock with clip-ons. I know the legs are 37mm - If you're interested I could measure the fork spacing to see if it works for you...
        GSChoppa

Comment

I did this on my '78 550 cafe racer.

Use a grinder to cut and flatten the bar mounting lugs. Then open the holes out with a drill to take some universal idiot lights

looks like this:

Check out some of my posts for finished shots. I'm pretty please with it.

Comment

Did you have to raise the top tree much to get those clipons on there or just change out the headlamp ears?? I've been thinking of switching to clipons for my 77 750 cafe, but i dunno if my back can handle it..lol.

Comment

All you need to do is change the headlamp brackets for some aftermarket ones that clamp directly to the fork leg. That way you can slide the clip ons up to the yoke and adjust there height to make it all fit.

Depending on what type/ make of clip ons you use your only other problem is likely to be the inner end of the bar fouling the lug that the clocks mount to.

My bars are made by "MOKO" (they're german i think, another E-bay 2nd hand bargain)

Comment

Working...
              X