TheCafeKid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
    Dual front disc is a nice advantage...lol And as far as swapping the elec ignition, im not sure thats possible...i had considered it on my bike, since i have this TCSS motor sitting here doing nothing, and havent honestly looked at it, but im not sure its going to fit. just the cover alone looks slightly larger than the one on my bike...BUT they didnt switch to 16v motors on the 550gs ...found that one out today...Thanks to Steve...so that answers my previous question. In light of that, you MAY be able to do it on your bike..tho id ask around on the grade of difficulty, as the dyna is nearly plug and play...Wrenching was great today..I actually had that whole 80 stripped, except the motor out, by the time the others got here...swingarm and everything..it was nice not to have to cuss at bolts and slam chit around in anger..lmao I also found a solution to my cafe's rear splash guard problem...the one off the 80 fit, and it doesnt move...ill make sure to doubly secure it, so that ugly metal rear fender thingy went bye bye...YAY! progress on the cafe! albeit little, its one less thing to have to worry about...also got the shocks on it, which raised it up nice, and didnt mess the lines of the bike up like i was worried about. The parts for that 80 are flying out the door...so far ive sold the frame, the gauges and possibly the stator and cover for it, the carbs and have someone interested in the forks...besides you :P Didnt get everything done that i wanted to...like taking the alternator out of my car and exchanging it...i just put it in 3 mos ago and its crapped already. POS duralast crap. And i didnt get around to the XS... damn daylight savings time for ending already...it got dark and i was thinking it had to be late...6 oclock.. gay...lol
    Yeah dual front disk is nice. But I'm thinking about getting a caliper off a GSXR and just uping my braking power that way. Plus it'll save even more weight which is always good. And about the ignition. Hmm well i guess if the firing order never changed you should be fine. Adding a few more valves into the mix shouldn't really change how the ignition should work. I dunno. I'd atleast try fitting the E.I. where the points go and seeing if you can get the cover to fit. But thats just me because I'm cheap. I wonder if I can sell of the things I'm not using on my bike. I'm going gaugeless and taking off a few other things. Maybe I can sell all that crap. Cool about the cafe. Post up pics lets see it with the new shocks. BTW what did you do with those hardtail strut things? And yeah daylight savings fvcked me too. I hate losing that hour.... Or is it gaining..... Bah fvck it. Either way tomorrow should be interesting. Gonna put the bike back together some more. Hopefully I can find the camera and post pics up

Comment

My thinking is the whole wiring issue may be different on that ignition, but i dunno...I'd LOVE to post up some pics, but i cant find my USB cabe still and my phone thanks to my dumb arse is broke...totally smashed...SWEET. And yeah i bet you could sell those parts....what do your gauges look like?? are they two separate gauges with the dummy lights down the center? or big boxy nasty looking ones? If they're the former...do me a favor and measure from center of the mount post to the other...if they'll fit, i might take em off your hands! Go Mifune was supposed to be sellin me some but i havent heard from him in a couple days...bummer...

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
        My thinking is the whole wiring issue may be different on that ignition, but i dunno...I'd LOVE to post up some pics, but i cant find my USB cabe still and my phone thanks to my dumb arse is broke...totally smashed...SWEET. And yeah i bet you could sell those parts....what do your gauges look like?? are they two separate gauges with the dummy lights down the center? or big boxy nasty looking ones? If they're the former...do me a favor and measure from center of the mount post to the other...if they'll fit, i might take em off your hands! Go Mifune was supposed to be sellin me some but i havent heard from him in a couple days...bummer...
        Ding Ding Ding We gots a winner. Yeah its the two round ones with the dummy lights in the middle. I'll be replacing the dummy lights with those prewired LEDs. I just need to figure how to mount 'em. And when you say mount post I assume you mean the holes in the upper tree that the whole gauge assembly kinda plugs into?

Comment

Yeah or you can just measure the distance btween the holes in the top tree...were you wantin to sell em??

Comment

Yeah I'll sell those turds. I have a hate for large gauges. I tend to like smaller gauges. Like 2 5/8 in. Of course I can't find a speedo that small. And mechanical tachs are getting harder and harder to come by. Well that small anyways. I'll measure it up for you tomorrow. And I'll start putting them back together lol. I accidently removed the chrome backing plates thinking thats how you take them off. Other than that they're in alright shape.... Although one thing that bothers me is why in the HELL would Suzuki make the gauge face brown???? Lol

Comment

I dunno..i asked the same thing when i bought a 450 speedo off ebay in an attempt to make a solo speedo...

Dood check JC Whitney..they have mini barmount speedos and tachs...i was gonna go that route, but that 750s so big i think it would look a bit silly..and they're cheap too..chrome even

Comment

Dude do you by any chance got crash bars? I have some but they're hideous plus I think the previous owner made em. I'm looking for the ones that car like half a circle and they go bolted to the inside of the frame. I dunno if you know what I'm talking about or not.....

Comment

Thanks for the tip I'll give em a look right now

Comment

Originally posted by Ironriot View Post
                    Dude do you by any chance got crash bars? I have some but they're hideous plus I think the previous owner made em. I'm looking for the ones that car like half a circle and they go bolted to the inside of the frame. I dunno if you know what I'm talking about or not.....

I do as a matter of fact..on that XS..and they're in pretty good shape. I think they;ll bolt right up as im pretty sure they're universals. Prolly need a good spit and polish, and i think they may even have highway pegs on em ill have to double check.

Comment

Dude they look anything like these? Not all nasty and rusty i mean like same shape

I'm trying to find pics of bikes with them installed because they're certain one's I want

Comment

Originally posted by Ironriot View Post
                        Dude they look anything like these? Not all nasty and rusty i mean like same shape

I'm trying to find pics of bikes with them installed because they're certain one's I want
                        yeah and the a threaded Ubolt goes around the frame...lemme go take a peek real quick..but im pretty surethats them hold please...

Nawp..they are all one peice and theres a ubracket for the down tube and a bracket on eachside that mounts to the motor mount...they're IMO a better set up than those..and they're cleaner than i remembered...I have no use for them so if you want em...actually they may not be one piece but they join at the downtube..and they do have the highway pegs on em...they're on a 400cc bike, and looka little big so they should look excellant on yours...Again ive no use for em..
                        Last edited by Guest; 11-05-2007, 04:46 AM.

Comment

i dunno that may be them..its hard tellin from the pic that they have up there..they shoulda layed them out the way they mount.

Comment

Swap? My cluster for those highway bars?

Comment

You gotta deal! Lemme pull em off tomorrow and see what they weigh so ill know shipping...think your cluster will be about 8 bucks shipping...these prolly lil more but thats ok...I hope that cluster bracket fits...

Comment

cant see them weighing more than 15lbs so that about 11 bucks UPS style..ill send all the mounts too..

Comment

Working...
                                X