No announcement yet.

TheCafeKid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting, Hey TCK you know those GT-R's you like alot? Turns out they have a seven speed auto gearbox.... Well that explains the 193 MPH top speed. What I wonder is how that seven speed is gonna stand up to the the torque. Which is supposed to be something like 430 lbf between 2200 and 5500 RPM. Or something like that

Comment

Originally posted by Ironriot View Post
      Interesting, Hey TCK you know those GT-R's you like alot? Turns out they have a seven speed auto gearbox.... Well that explains the 193 MPH top speed. What I wonder is how that seven speed is gonna stand up to the the torque. Which is supposed to be something like 430 lbf between 2200 and 5500 RPM. Or something like that
      Really?? I bet it stands up fine. Nissan dont forget, builds supercars that would make most anything made in the good ole USofA look silly. But i digress.

Anyways...been a few days i think since ive posted anything of interest on the bike front. If you havent seen, ive had a HELL of an interesting time with this motor i snagged off ebay. Seems the intake valves are INSANELY tight. I had to drop the one i had a shim for 3 sizes to get it in spec. Im hoping that the valves arent cooked, as by my math, that valve would be hanging open .11mm all the time. But as Steve pointed out, if they were that open on the intake side, the bike would never start. So maybe thats a good thing...dunno..

Comment

Ok..so, i got my valves all in spec on the "ebay motor" So thats a plus. Still dont know if anything's cooked, but from what ive been told on here, chances are probably not, so here's to hoping there. Got my sweet ass Tarozzi fork brace the other day, thats gonna make that front end feel alot nicer since im not running any sort of fender. Fantastic! Should have her back to a roller by the end of the weekend, which incidentally i have OFF! SAHHWEET! Will be spending it all wrenching.

Thus far im SIX key components away from being done

1. Electronic ignition. Will have that soon
        2. Seat. Have TWO glass seats on the way. One bubble and one boxy seat. We'll see which i like better, but im kinda betting on the boxy seat. Apart from that, i will have to figure out how im gonna mount it, which shouldnt be TOO much of a problem.
        3. Finish the body work and strip the inside of the handpounded tank.
        4. New sprocket set and chain. Still debating on the swap to the 530 set up. Will probably end up doing that, as 530 chains are more available that the old 630's
        5. Turn signals. I have them. Just have to figure out where im gonna mount em, and get them wired in.
        6. FINAL PAINT!!

After that, its time to put her motor in her, do some final carb tweaking, and shakedown runs, and Bobs your uncle.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
          Ok..so, i got my valves all in spec on the "ebay motor" So thats a plus. Still dont know if anything's cooked, but from what ive been told on here, chances are probably not, so here's to hoping there. Got my sweet ass Tarozzi fork brace the other day, thats gonna make that front end feel alot nicer since im not running any sort of fender. Fantastic! Should have her back to a roller by the end of the weekend, which incidentally i have OFF! SAHHWEET! Will be spending it all wrenching.

Thus far im SIX key components away from being done

1. Electronic ignition. Will have that soon
          2. Seat. Have TWO glass seats on the way. One bubble and one boxy seat. We'll see which i like better, but im kinda betting on the boxy seat. Apart from that, i will have to figure out how im gonna mount it, which shouldnt be TOO much of a problem.
          3. Finish the body work and strip the inside of the handpounded tank.
          4. New sprocket set and chain. Still debating on the swap to the 530 set up. Will probably end up doing that, as 530 chains are more available that the old 630's
          5. Turn signals. I have them. Just have to figure out where im gonna mount em, and get them wired in.
          6. FINAL PAINT!!

After that, its time to put her motor in her, do some final carb tweaking, and shakedown runs, and Bobs your uncle.
          Sweet man. Do the swap though. Those old 630 chains are obsolete. Plus its an easy weight savings mod. I'm almost done too. Race ya to the finish line :-D

Comment

How i spent my day off

Lots of pulling and polishing, new SS bolts, and cussing at what COULD be with that seat. I love the lines...now just to make it fit..friken 'uge mofo

Comment

Man That seat is huge.

I didn't get to do too much on my bike yesterday, Had to do some other stuff around the house. but I did get me new chain on.

Comment

TCK. I remember you mentioning once that you had a cataloge that had all the parts to build a vintage Harley. I was wondering what was the name of the company. Thinking about starting that project now that my current bike project is coming to a close

Comment

JP Cycles...they have all the stuff. Springer front ends, frames, tranny's wheels, Revtech motors, etc

Comment

Thanks bud

Comment

Sh!t even the repops of the old knuckleheads are expensive. 600 for a tank. 10K for a brand new Knucklehead engine. 2K for a frame..... I found a rear fender for 100 bucks though.... But bah. I'd rather buy a welder and **** away sheet and tube metal till I'm able to correctly produce my own frame and tank

Comment

Sh!t even the repops of the old knuckleheads are expensive. 600 for a tank. 10K for a brand new Knucklehead engine. 2K for a frame..... I found a rear fender for 100 bucks though.... But bah. I'd rather buy a welder and **** away sheet and tube metal till I'm able to correctly produce my own frame and tank

This site may lead you to some cool/inexpensive parts?

Comment

Oi...just kickin the thread back to life....Howzit. Got the 550 running yet Riot??

Comment

No but almost man almost. Its so close I can taste it lol. I've been working my ass off and the school year started up again so alot of my time has been diverted. But I have alot of money! :-D I'm picking up things off of ebay like the headlight assembly and such.

As for the bike. Well everything is put back together and painted. The only thing left is the wiring. Meh. Although I think I'm just gonna get another harness. The PO hacked into this one unbelieveably

How's yours coming along?

Comment

No but almost man almost. Its so close I can taste it lol. I've been working my ass off and the school year started up again so alot of my time has been diverted. But I have alot of money! :-D I'm picking up things off of ebay like the headlight assembly and such.

As for the bike. Well everything is put back together and painted. The only thing left is the wiring. Meh. Although I think I'm just gonna get another harness. The PO hacked into this one unbelieveably

How's yours coming along?
                              I've stalled a bit since starting on that seat. Do have a near roller down there. Need a chain/sprocket set. Going to the 530 set up instead of the 630 OEM one. Got shocks. MDIs for now, but ive put in for a set of HO140 Ohlins from long_av8tor's bulk buy deal. Not really waiting on those tho. Picked up some new steering head bearings tonight, was gonna stick with stock, but screw it, got some tappered. Got a bunch of sanding to do on that seat. I hate sanding bondo. Thats probably part of the reason i havent done much. Need to pick up an elec ignition and coils for it too. Put a Tarrozi fork brace on it too. But getting there. Still will have it ready for spring. I kinda got way ahead, and have slowed a bit as i cant put it all together till the weather clears anyway.

Comment

Tell me about it. I hate sanding bondo also. I bondoed my f*cked up side panels but they've been sitting because I don't want to finish sanding them. I think I'm just gonna pick those up new also. Thinking about picking up some new shocks but I don't know which one's or from where. I was thinking about picking up some from mikesxs.com but I haven't found any reviews on them.... BTW did you know that Yammies come with progressive shocks from the factory?

Comment

Working...
                                X