TheCafeKid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no timing light no problem.
    to check your static timing remove your cover get a radio.idealy you want to put it on AM then find a spot without a signal.place the radio near your bike as close as possible.turn on you ignition,hand crank the nut untill you can see the firing marks align.the instant your plugs fire you will hear a pop from the radio,the pop should happen as the marks align.if not adjust a bit and hand crank again untill you hear a pop when the lines meet.easy and cheap\\/

Comment

Originally posted by Ironriot View Post
      I can only imagine..... TILL YOU PUT UP PICS!!!!!! Buy another cord lol. Seriously though that Antique brass should look killer.
      in good time bro...step one is getting her running right while the weather still holds...paint and asthetics can happen over the winter...

I need new grips...i hate mine...they're like some dirt bike grips and they feel like sh!t. Got a good place to find em?

Comment

Originally posted by neil young View Post
        no timing light no problem.
        to check your static timing remove your cover get a radio.idealy you want to put it on AM then find a spot without a signal.place the radio near your bike as close as possible.turn on you ignition,hand crank the nut untill you can see the firing marks align.the instant your plugs fire you will hear a pop from the radio,the pop should happen as the marks align.if not adjust a bit and hand crank again untill you hear a pop when the lines meet.easy and cheap\\/
        yeah but you cant see the marks align while the motor is spinning can you...its spinning to fast...keep in mind im still points and condensor at the moment...

Comment

ohhh youre saying crank it by hand with out the motor started...the plugs will still fire, and the RF interference will show up in the AM radio...gotcha..but is that going to be accurate?

Comment

nope you are hand cranking via the 19 mm nut.the reason you turn your ignition on is to hear the pop from the radio

Comment

very accurate

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                in good time bro...step one is getting her running right while the weather still holds...paint and asthetics can happen over the winter...

I need new grips...i hate mine...they're like some dirt bike grips and they feel like sh!t. Got a good place to find em?
                Your guess is as good as mine. Try
                Motosport.com
                motorcyclesuperstore.com

Those two places have good prices on things. Yeah and I need some also. The bike came with out grips

Comment

Thats a sweet tip man!! I'll for sure try that out tomorrow...you obviously read that post about my revelation...you think its accurate?? I still need to take a manometer to my carbs, but it seems to make sense why im bluing on one and four and not on 2 and 3 and with the current jet set up i should be lean...yet certain pulses smell rich...what do you think? 2/3 are retarded a bit in timing??

Comment

Dude Neil... That's genious

Wow man I never woulda thought about that. I'm writing it down in my book of motorcycle tricks lol

Comment

Your guess is as good as mine. Try
                      Motosport.com
                      motorcyclesuperstore.com

Those two places have good prices on things. Yeah and I need some also. The bike came with out grips
                      I did get a NICE set of bar end cafe mirrors off that 80...just perfect...its coming...you'll hear it late one night...howling in the distance like a wild animal...then ill pull up at your door...and ask for some ice for my VERY sore @ss...lol

Comment

If you don't got a nanometer there's a cool tutorial on how to make one in the tips and trick section. Ain't nothing fancy but simple things do have a tendency to work very well

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                          I did get a NICE set of bar end cafe mirrors off that 80...just perfect...its coming...you'll hear it late one night...howling in the distance like a wild animal...then ill pull up at your door...and ask for some ice for my VERY sore @ss...lol
                          Lol and I'll have some Preparation H on standby if you stick with the cafe fiberglass seat

Comment

If you don't got a nanometer there's a cool tutorial on how to make one in the tips and trick section. Ain't nothing fancy but simple things do have a tendency to work very well
                            Well thankfully Steve has a set of Mercury stix and he's always game for stoppin out to lend a hand when he's in town...Cant get over how many cool people ive met here. I wish you were closer man, we'd get along famously.

Comment

Lol and I'll have some Preparation H on standby if you stick with the cafe fiberglass seat
                              Oh i will be...thats the piece de resistance...it will get mem foam and leathered tho...ill be damned if im riding a glass seat bare...that would be like sitting on an upside down powered soil tamp..lmao

Comment

That's cool man Steve seems like a straight up good person and yeah this place is pretty badass. I've never been on another forum where the people are friendly enough to actually befriend. Yeah it'd be cool if you guys were closer, then I could ride over to your's or Intruder's house and wrench on something

Comment

Working...
                                X