No announcement yet.

TheCafeKid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH....MY....GOD.... What is this beautiful work of art that is before thyne eyes???? I think thats what heaven looks like.... Up until now I've never seen a Z1. And now I want one lol

Comment

HEHEHEHEH Get in line bud...I found a 76 Z1 with a 1150 bore kit in it down the road for 2500 bucks..in near minty condition...but i dont have that kinda cash, and prolly wont till well after spring. If its still there i'll be having it. Doesnt that motor look awfully familiar?? Keep in mind that particular bike is a 74...wonder where Suzuki got thier base for the GS motor??

Comment

Oh dude I got some tasty tidbits for you. I dunno if I ever told you but the nut holding on the old sprocket wasn't a nut at all. It was a brass cap for a compression union. Horrible I know. Basically I think the PO didn't know about it and It was the PPO's doing. Cuz the PO was a complete retard in the sense of mechanics. So yeah I guess the guy is lucky that it never came off on him. Looking at it made me go, "My god I'm glad something told me to completely take this bike apart before riding it." It coulda killed me man. Not to mention I don't think the front sprocket had been changed since '85. The teeth all turned to hooks. I'll post a pic of it tomorrow so you can see what it I was dealing with

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
          HEHEHEHEH Get in line bud...I found a 76 Z1 with a 1150 bore kit in it down the road for 2500 bucks..in near minty condition...but i dont have that kinda cash, and prolly wont till well after spring. If its still there i'll be having it. Doesnt that motor look awfully familiar?? Keep in mind that particular bike is a 74...wonder where Suzuki got thier base for the GS motor??
          Yeah I always heard that Suzuki basically ripped Kawa's motor design for the GS engine... But hey who's got roller crank bearings? So Zooky wins in my book

Comment

I;ll give em that...but that bike would DUST OFF a GS...its 900cc's..then they came out with the KZ1000 and just got bigger from there...dont get me wrong..i love my GS. but as far as style points go, the Z1 kills it in my book. Gorgeous bike. I just did a nationwide search on CycleTrader.com for em...found 4...ranging in price from 10,000 to 3,000 in various stages of freshness.

Comment

I;ll give em that...but that bike would DUST OFF a GS...its 900cc's..then they came out with the KZ1000 and just got bigger from there...dont get me wrong..i love my GS. but as far as style points go, the Z1 kills it in my book. Gorgeous bike. I just did a nationwide search on CycleTrader.com for em...found 4...ranging in price from 10,000 to 3,000 in various stages of freshness.
              **** lol. Its definitely wins in my book of looks. I'd bet money that there's one of them badboys around here somewhere. Now that I'm looking more closely I'm finding alot of these old UJMs in my area. Down the street is a Kawa. Older model too. But I haven't seen it up close. And I can't tell what it is because its under a tarp right now. The only reason I know its a Kawa is because my brother saw it once and swore that it said Kawasaki on the tank..... Imagine if it was a Z1? I'd buy it in a heartbeat.... Now if I could only get that Eleven Special from my uncle and a GS1000S. I'd have an awesome collection of muscle bikes

Comment

Found 7 on ebay...only three in original condition...the rest have been dragged or chopped. Sad..i wouldnt do a thing to it if i could purchase one. They stopped making them in 77? I think? Then turned to the KZ1000 to keep up with Zook since they had the GS1000

Comment

Seems like all the ones on ebay are modded horribly. I did a quick search and most of them are Z1 motors into a KZ frame. OH the horror of it all. Although there was one bike that didn't look so bad and was going for $1000. It had a KZ 1000 engine in there but the guy said that he had the originall Z1 engine for anyone who meets the buy it now price of $2500 I think

Comment

Yeah..i just dont have that kinda cash..i keep watching ebay every few months for a Z1 and occasionaly i see one for cheap, but never when i have the money. Someday. Right now, im happy with my GS. She's slowly but surely becoming the cafe beast ive wanted to build for a while, just never put my mind to it.

Comment

Neither do I lol. Ah well. I'll keep my eyes open you never know when you find a killer deal. And as for now I think I'm just gonna worry about getting the GS running first. Its so CLOSE! I'll be damned if its not running by this weekend.

Comment

Hey buddy. Well I finally managed to catch my upholester while he was at home/work which is amazing because in the last six times that I've stopped by he hasn't been there. He didn't have any black leather or atleast a vinyl that looked good so I had to pick up some material from a store a few cities away. But HOT DAMN if it doesn't look good. I'm gonna have him finish the foaming of the seat and then he's gonna cover it tomorrow when I give him the go ahead. I'll try and post some pics tomorrow. Its gonna look awesome

Comment

NICE...im stoked to see it! So ive made some decisions today...After talking to a couple of other GSR guys who are doing it or have done it, im thinking my LAST big MAJOR expense on this bike will be getting the motor hotted. Gonna go with a Wiseco 844cc bore conversion, have the head ported and polished, and balanced. its gonna cost me a pretty good chunk of change..almost what i paid for the bike (bout a grand to do the job) BUT i plan on this being MY BABY for quite a while, my keeper. So i might as well go all out on it.

Comment

NICE...im stoked to see it! So ive made some decisions today...After talking to a couple of other GSR guys who are doing it or have done it, im thinking my LAST big MAJOR expense on this bike will be getting the motor hotted. Gonna go with a Wiseco 844cc bore conversion, have the head ported and polished, and balanced. its gonna cost me a pretty good chunk of change..almost what i paid for the bike (bout a grand to do the job) BUT i plan on this being MY BABY for quite a while, my keeper. So i might as well go all out on it.
                            Pretty fuggen awesome man.... While you're at it why not do some valvetrain work on the head? You might be able to increase the redline of the bike...... So whatcha gonna do with your pistons?... Ah wait nevermind you have a 4v head don't you?

Comment

2 valve head...they didnt start producing the 4 valvers till 80...tho i have one of those in the shed too. When i get around to it, if you need those pistons let me know. As far as the cams, im going to look as per Chef's suggestion for some high lift cams and figure out the science behind degreeing them. Lil confusing, as im not mathmaticly inclined..well im not bad at it, i just hate it..lol But i think i can figure it out..

Comment

Hey i got some info on taking those rear shocks apart...it's sounding pretty easy if you have some c-clamps...

Comment

Working...
                                X