No announcement yet.

TheCafeKid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have a will of steel if you can leave it stock hehe. Me I don't ever leave ANYTHING stock. Which usually hurts resale value but PSSH LIKE I CARE ABOUT THAT!!!! Whatever I own I plan on keeping till I die. If you do make it stock restore it to show room condition. Man a shiny GS is just beautiful. Even the lowly "L". If you need to draw on inspiration go into the B O M thread. It has some of the most beautiful "L's" I've ever seen

Comment

Man I have so many idea kicking around in my head. Apart of me wants to turbo my 550 as is. I have a turbo sitting under my desk that was gonna go on my truck but that project stalled.

Another part of me wants to punch my engine to 740cc and throw some flatsides on
      But the cool collected side says go for the 650 coversion first then later do the 740.

Then ANOTHER part of me says put FI on it

Lol and the crazy speed freak/gearhead says punch it out to 740, hit it with FI and slap that turbo on there and lay down some crazy horsepower.

And the weak feeble me says to leave it alone..... But usually that voice gets drowned out :-D

Comment

whooo i dunno if that tranny could handle 740 bore AND turbo. the crank might, but what about the gears?? If/when i do my bore job you can have those pistons, but i HAVE seen 750 pistons on fleabay for cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
          whooo i dunno if that tranny could handle 740 bore AND turbo. the crank might, but what about the gears?? If/when i do my bore job you can have those pistons, but i HAVE seen 750 pistons on fleabay for cheap.
          Hehe yeah the weak feeble me is also saying that I'm gonna kill the gearbox and probably the bottom end.... Looking for the pistons now lol.... Ha and to think I originally bought this bike as a gas saver. So much for that idea but the FI looks mighty tempting for that reason

Comment

BAH! you'll still get prolly 40mpg...thats a hell of alot better than any car ive ever owned.

Comment

Double what my truck gets lol. I hope to atleast get 50 mpg out of the sumabitch. I was reading somewhere that you can get 10 more mpg just by getting a taller front sprocket. So I'm assuming they mean one with more teeth. AND you get better highway cruising speeds. The only problem is that it doesn't list HOW tall to go and I haven't found a place that has a decent selection of different sized sprockets

Comment

id only go one, MAYBE two teeth taller...otherwise you'll lose too much of your down low grunt.

Comment

Yeah I've been warned about the adverse effects of screwing with the sprocket sizes too much.... Man I love how I just end up with machines that are bulletproof. Example, my Ranger. It has a crappy four cylinder BUT the 2.3L is about the toughest sonofab!tch you'd ever find in four cylinder form. Running it without oil is the only known way to kill it lol. Even at that you need to run it for a pretty good while without oil. And then I just happen to buy a GS. People go on for days about how tough these engines are. Even people that aren't GS faithful know how much abuse these things can take. I love having good luck with machines :-D

Comment

Interesting..... the Kawa Z1 had roller bearings also.... Damn what DIDN'T Suzuki steal

Comment

It is nice...usually in cars i buy old european cos of the same reason..yeah some parts are a lil more expensive, but they seem to break down a hell of alot less than american cars ive owned. And as for bikes, ive had hondas, kawasaki, yammie and now zook...and the kawi's have pretty much destroyed everyone else, but we'll see with this zook. i have a feeling i'll still have this cafe when im too feabile to ride it anymore...lol

Comment

I always wanted a jetta but fvck that have you seen the price of parts????? Lol but they are pretty reliable. NOTHING compared to my truck though. I've beat the living **** out of it on numerous occasions and even played around in the mud with it and not so much as a wimper. Plus everything is just meant to be heavy duty well as heavy duty as a light duty truck can be. My alternator and battery are the size of an F150's. It also has a big ass gas tank and the suspension is pretty good.... I plan on keeping it till I die. Lord knows it won't go before I do..... I was originally gonna buy a Kawa before getting this bike but yeah that bike was beyond fvcked. It was an older 600 Ninja. Looked nice in the pictures.... and only in pictures......

Comment

Suckage! Dont you hate that when that happens? Aight man ima hit the rack. Ive got a wicked headache all the sudden...must be a front coming in. Stoopid sinuses. Peace and grease buddy

Comment

VERY MUCH SO. Especially because we travelled a few hours to get it. But it seemed like too good of a deal to pass up.... Alright man PEACE

Comment

Not to sound like a ********, but that seems like an awful lot to pay for that motor.

Did you see the used Dyna Ignition? It ended up going for under $30, I regret not buying it.

Comment

Huh, good profanity filter. I thought d1ckhead would have slipped through.

Comment

Working...
                                X