No announcement yet.

TheCafeKid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yo Josh do you still got that front caliper off of the 750?

Comment

The 80?? Yeah its got dual front disc, tho. And these are the newer style calipers, with the rectangluar pads. Dunno if your bike was set up for dual disc or not.

Comment

But if you're SOL man, lemme know we can work somethin out for the fork lowers (if your bike isnt set up with dual disc, i cant remember off the top of my head) the rotors and calipers. I am going to have no use for em so..

Comment

Hey I snapped some pics of the pins just incase you needed some verification. In the fiche it looks like our rear calipers are identical so....

Comment

Stupid spider made a little home in there. I killed the little b@stard cuz he wasn't paying rent

Comment

Bah hell see thats how i put em back together cos that made sense. The schematic is obviously wrong, cos if you do it the other way, the pins would slide out of the holes on the inside caliper...the only thing preventing that would be the rotor spacing. I think. Stoopid Clymer. OH i have the shop manual on PDF here...DUH i bet that shows it set up our way too.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                But if you're SOL man, lemme know we can work somethin out for the fork lowers (if your bike isnt set up with dual disc, i cant remember off the top of my head) the rotors and calipers. I am going to have no use for em so..
                Well my caliper has a rectangular disk and 80 and 81 parts have been known to be the exact same but I'm wondering if they'd be pyshically smaller than a single disk set up caliper.

My problem is that I'm trying to find a replacement caliper, a la the kind 8track is using the two piston one. BUT I can only find for the right side and that's not the side I need. So I'm saying fvck it if I can't find anything I'll just try a caliper off of a bigger bike. And well yours is a 750..... I only need the left caliper though... You wouldn't by any chance have pics of it would you?

Comment

huh...our calipers arent the same tho...

Comment

Originally posted by Ironriot View Post
                    Well my caliper has a rectangular disk and 80 and 81 parts have been known to be the exact same but I'm wondering if they'd be pyshically smaller than a single disk set up caliper.

My problem is that I'm trying to find a replacement caliper, a la the kind 8track is using the two piston one. BUT I can only find for the right side and that's not the side I need. So I'm saying fvck it if I can't find anything I'll just try a caliper off of a bigger bike. And well yours is a 750..... I only need the left caliper though... You wouldn't by any chance have pics of it would you?
                    Actually you're in luck...hold please..

Comment

Here ya go..

Comment

Holding....

Lol you beat me to responding.

Hmm we have what looks to be the same set up. Like our forks look the the same and everything. The calipers look pysically different but it looks like yours would work on my set up. Nice Avon btw. If I can't find **** on ebay how much would you want for the caliper????
                        Last edited by Guest; 12-11-2007, 03:46 AM.

Comment

$15 plus shipping ok? It will need cleaned but the seals and pistons should be fine. The seals and pistons on the rear off that bike were in good shape.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                            Any of you guys get motortrend?? I was just reading about the Nissan GT-R HOLY SHEEPCHIT!! That is gonna be one bad assed car!

Hotbox i got your lights btw i couldnt remember if i said so or not. THANKS! these will be great! Definately more visibility.
                            glad u like em

unfort after dealer mark up that gt-r will end up being around 100k.

it is however totally badass

Comment

Originally posted by Ironriot View Post
                              Don't blashamize this thread with your Toyota stuff. Honestly they're some of the biggest pieces of sh!ts I've ever had the displeasure of working on. And three of them were owned by people in the family so I didn't even get compensated. And the rest were jobs I had to do at the mechanic shop I worked at. Stupid things always had that little knack where if they failed it was something MAJOR. Like a distributor or something. And of course becuase its foreign the parts where always expensive and difficult to track down.

And I will argue for the most reliable engine in the world. That title is held by Saab recently and Mercedes before that.
                              the title is the 22r.

and i dunno what toyota's you've worked on but all three of mine including my computerized 05 has been a breeze.

and distributers aren't major in my book.

parts are cheap too the 22r was used for more than 20 years

sbc , 22r and honda b motors are the universal motors of the world.

my bmw 320 now that was an expensive car for parts and it was old and common!

and more than half of toyota's line of cars sold in america are built here , that's more than can be said of ANY "american" car manufacturer.

about one third of toyota's entire worldwide line-up are built in america , most even with the majority of the parts content from america.

Comment

Originally posted by hotbox05 View Post
                                the title is the 22r.

and i dunno what toyota's you've worked on but all three of mine including my computerized 05 has been a breeze.

and distributers aren't major in my book.

parts are cheap too the 22r was used for more than 20 years

sbc , 22r and honda b motors are the universal motors of the world.

my bmw 320 now that was an expensive car for parts and it was old and common!

and more than half of toyota's line of cars sold in america are built here , that's more than can be said of ANY "american" car manufacturer.

about one third of toyota's entire worldwide line-up are built in america , most even with the majority of the parts content from america.
                                Distributors are major when you've seen the price of one for a yota

Did you read that off the brouchure? Cuz Toyota likes to make ALOT of bullsh!t claims like that. I dunno if you're familiar with their truck commericals but yeah that sums up pretty much how far Toyota will go to hype their stuff. And most of Toyota's part DON'T come from America. If they do I'd honestly like to know which ones? Cuz my girlfriend has a yota and mostly every part is stamped MADE IN JAPAN. It was also made in Japan. And as for half of Toyota's cars coming from America that's because its mostly Corrolla's which unfortunately they sell primarily in America. And if you ask me the only reason people buy them is because they're cheaper than everything else. I stand behind my statement of them being POS. Unless you've been a mechanic for a few years and haven't ever had to work on one.... Me I'll stick with my Ford truck. Atleast I know somewhere in America a worker is feeding his family

Comment

Working...
                                X