No announcement yet.

TheCafeKid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey hey.... and its a looker too!..... I'll watch it. last one of these got up to 60 bucks

Comment

Was lookin for a caliper for ya, but didnt see any...maybe cos they're all still being used...hehehe

Alright kiddies, im ahf ta da bahn...have a good night and peace and grease

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
        Was lookin for a caliper for ya, but didnt see any...maybe cos they're all still being used...hehehe

Alright kiddies, im ahf ta da bahn...have a good night and peace and grease
        I think that's the problem lol.... alright laters bro. In the words of one of my black (not actually black but ghetto enough) cousins, Love, peace and chicken grease

Comment

no arthritis but i do have bad knees and a much worse back. flipping a car and a dirtbike will beat ya up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by hotbox05 View Post
            no arthritis but i do have bad knees and a much worse back. flipping a car and a dirtbike will beat ya up a bit.
            My joints are already going out. Primarily my knees. And I've strained my back already too many times to count. At one point I was sure I misaligned a disk. It was hard to walk. Much less run and forget about jumping. It resolved itself eventually. Like a month and half later lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
              Pauly...you dont have a good working rear caliper off of one of those 850s do ya??
              I could pull one off and send it to ya free of charge. If it works, keep it. otherwise, don't worry. I don't know about Dayton, but they're calling for lotsa white death around Cincy this weekend.

Comment

AHhh i didnt see this, i just asked if ya had one in good shape on your post about parts. If ya got one sure i'd love to have it! Cant ever have too many parts, and maybe i'll get lucky and it will be in better shape than either of mine.

UPDATE>>>> My motor will be here Monday at 8 am!! WOOHOO!! Im stoked. On the down side, i got the head yesterday i bought off ebay...was a lil ticked off cos it wasnt as in good of shape as in the pic. Looks like it had been stored in a wet area, as one of the ports is kinda rusty and mildewed. The valves however are all CRAP. Bummer. I emailed the seller and he was very cooperative about information, and SAYS it wasnt that way when shipped. He didnt try to duck me however, and did appologise for it being that way. I wasnt too irritated with him, since he did at least try to atone for it. I told him however it wasnt that big of a deal to me, seeing as i only paid 32 bucks for it, and had planned a complete valve job on it anyway, as this will be the head for the bore kit motor. He's supposedly finding a 77 rear master cylinder for me, says he has a couple and will give me a really good deal on it since the head was not exactly as i had been led to believe...That works for me.

As far as progress on the bike goes...i have come to the realization that she will be going to the manhole for the winter. I really didnt want to do that, but i am slowly realizing that its the only way im going to be able to get her ready before spring. And as Mike (mriddle) puts it, i'll get to spend lots of quality time with her in the house, rather than getting to tinker for a couple of hours a week in the shed. Im excited about the proposition of 24 hour access to wrenching, but also not excited about the prospect of manuvering her down a flight of stairs...lol She'll obviously be going down in three pieces i think. Motor, Front end, and the rest. I MAY be able to get her down there with the front end still on...we'll see. Will post some pics up when i get her down there.
                On another note, i did find a pretty good deal on a bike jack at AutoZone...80 bucks for one that can lift 1500lbs...so i think i will be purchasing one soon.

Comment

Hey man once again sucks to hear about your woes. Bummer on that head for sure. But hey atleast he was cooperative. I think I'm gonna need a new head also. Today when taking off my valve cover for the third or fourth time I realized that the PO broke a screw in one of the valve cover holes. I was kinda annoyed because its kinda way in there and its not easily accesible to drill it out so I'm gonna leave it be. If it starts leaking oil I'm gonna leave it to when I just do the 650 conversion. That way I don't gotta screw with that head.

On the plus side I got around to making another valve cover gasket. The old one was filled with JB Weld and gasket maker. I guess the PO wanted to make it leak proof. All he really did was make a big mess of things. I had been putting it off cuz I didn't want to screw with it but seeing as I'm waiting for parts anyways I figured fvck it. Might as well put on a new one. Although I didn't like the idea of paying 20 bucks for a new one and having to wait a week so I made one myself out of a roll of gasket paper. It came out pretty badass. I just need to make sure I get the proper torque sequence down for the VC.

Also about the motorcycle jack. I think Sears has em at $59 last I saw and it holds the same weight. Plus its Craftsmen. And I think the jacks at AutoZone are the cheapy brand. Might want to take a look at those.

Comment

Sorry bud I checked the website and it seems like they don't got the Craftsmen motorcycle jack anymore. All they got is some other brand at $138. Gay

Comment

When was the last time any of you guys order from Robert Barr his site, www.cycleorings.com, is down and I was wanting to order a set of his intake o rings and Allen bolts.

Comment

I think Riot just ordered from him a few days ago. I ordered from him in two different orders a couple months back for one and about a month ago for the other. He was out of the bolts when i ordered, but then sent them out later on when he got more in stock. You may try PMing him, perhaps he is out of stock and took it down till he gets more in.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironriot View Post
                          Hey man once again sucks to hear about your woes. Bummer on that head for sure. But hey atleast he was cooperative. I think I'm gonna need a new head also. Today when taking off my valve cover for the third or fourth time I realized that the PO broke a screw in one of the valve cover holes. I was kinda annoyed because its kinda way in there and its not easily accesible to drill it out so I'm gonna leave it be. If it starts leaking oil I'm gonna leave it to when I just do the 650 conversion. That way I don't gotta screw with that head.

On the plus side I got around to making another valve cover gasket. The old one was filled with JB Weld and gasket maker. I guess the PO wanted to make it leak proof. All he really did was make a big mess of things. I had been putting it off cuz I didn't want to screw with it but seeing as I'm waiting for parts anyways I figured fvck it. Might as well put on a new one. Although I didn't like the idea of paying 20 bucks for a new one and having to wait a week so I made one myself out of a roll of gasket paper. It came out pretty badass. I just need to make sure I get the proper torque sequence down for the VC.

Also about the motorcycle jack. I think Sears has em at $59 last I saw and it holds the same weight. Plus its Craftsmen. And I think the jacks at AutoZone are the cheapy brand. Might want to take a look at those.
                          Yeah i notice today that head i got has two exhaust bolts snapped off in it. CRAP...well its going to the machine shop anyway, so just another thing to do....

Comment

I sent him a pm when I noticed he was on hopefully he will get back to me.

That sucks that theres bolts snapped off.

Comment

Well fortunately they are broken at the surface, and not way in there. It does suck, but as i said, it's going to be totally redone anyway, as part of the bore jobby on this motor i have now. Speakin of which, whatchu doin tomorrow? Wanna give me a hand pullin the motor out of this thing so i can get it down to the basement?? I'll toss you those rims and tires for nothin at all for your time?? LOL The white death is coming and i'd like to get the whole bike down there before it hits and leaves me stuck till it all melts away (which might be spring if we're unlucky) I think i can get her down there intact minus the motor. Hell i could prolly get it down there WITH the motor, but im scared if it gets away from me what HORRIBLE damage could happen..lmao

Comment

Working...
                              X