No announcement yet.

TheCafeKid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yanno i b1tch about how damn hot it gets here in the summer, and this past was one of the worst, but right now, i'd give a lot of money to have it back! LOL

Comment

GOD DAMN SUMAB!TCH.... Dude ANOTHER set back. I'm gonna set this bike on fire..... Well my O-rings came in so I got the carbs back together finally. I was determined to get my bike fired up today finally after months of downtime. AND I was screwed by something else. Damn intake boots are fvcked. They're so cracked and brittle that they can't support the weight of the carbs. They start bending leaving huge gaping holes that'll more than likely let in tons of unmetered air. SO now I gotta wait till I can get some new ones. I'm p!ssed

Comment

I saw, i just posted a place for you to check out. www.babbittsonline.com

I too got screwed this week by Ma Nature. Was going to pull that motor yesterday before the storm got here, and i guess it picked up speed, cos i woke up yesterday to a few inches on the ground, then it rained, now its about 10 outside and everything is frozen solid. Bullchit! Supposed to warm up in a couple days, so i wait more...lol

Comment

[quote=Ironriot;739306 Damn intake boots are fvcked. They're so cracked and brittle that they can't support the weight of the carbs.[/quote]

A tip ......... intake rubbers get cracked when people remove the airbox to fit pod filters & dont support the carbs, if you have removed the box you have removed the support fron the back of the carbs & need to replace it with something ...... a small bracket from the carb top up to the frame will do the trick & save your rubbers some stress :-D

Comment

Thanks TCK, I'll check them out

Thanks fot the tip Tone, I'll remember that if I ever fit pods on. Which I'm seriously thinking about because getting the box on and off is pain in the ass.... But yeah the intake boots aren't cracked because of not being supported. Time did the job well enough on its own

Comment

Any luck on the intake boot front??

Comment

Gonna get 3 from Nessim. I need one more. How soft are the one's you got?

Comment

Dunno, i will get out to the shed and check it out. Bound to NOT be soft at the moment as its about 16ish degrees here. lol but i will let you know.

Comment

Don't go out then man, that's too f*ing cold to be screwing around with that. Plus I don't want to be responsible for you getting pnuemonia :-)

Comment

Bah! ColdSHmold...its gonna be a lil warmer tomorrow. and sunny!! And my motor came in today!! Gonna pick it up at the wherehouse(that word looks spelled wrong) tomorrow and pull this other one out and down the basement with all of it!! NO EXCUSES!! Im going thru withdrawls. I havent been able to touch my bike in over a week. BOO. So be prepared for lots of pics tomorrow!! And ill get a look at those boots for ya too.

Comment

TCK that cool that your motor came in. Can't wait to see pics of it. I got my ss bolt kit and oil filters today and ordered the intake o-rings and bolt from robert barr to day to so those should be in here shortly.

Comment

SWEET! lil progress for everyone! Im geekin to see this motor. I hope its as nice as it looked in the pics. Either way its going to get the spit and polish before it goes in the bike. I'll prolly get crazy about it and try to get it as nice as Keith's. But that will be REALLY tough as i get impatient...lol Damn weather better be half decent tomorrow. I hope.

Comment

Pretty badass about the motor man. Hope its in good condition

Comment

BTW I got my caliper today. I won it off of ebay. Its from a GSF or something like that. Very nice condition with a good amount of pad left. Its a two pot like the Kawa calipers that 8track has on his, only its Suzuki. I'm keeping it in the family :-) Good news is that it clears the rim BEAUTIFULLY. More good news is that its gonna grip the rotor with both pistons. Bad news is that the mounting holes are COMPLETELY off. I'm not even gonna screw with making adapters. I'm just gonna take the bracket and drill it for new mounting holes. I just need a drill press lol

Comment

I wish i could find some info on rear brakes. I would really like to switch over to something back there a little more modern. Someday i'll prolly end up switching to a Kat front end on my cafe, so i can get new brakes up there that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X