Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buff1260 View Post
    Is this a ratbike then as its matt black
    Most definately NOT a rat bike! That is pretty sweet!
    Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that! :)

Comment

unearthing

Sorry for the unearthing, but this one comes from the grave anyhow...
      Oh man this single GS1000 is nailing it!

Comment

The theory is, you can't MAKE a ratbike, you have to wear it until it's like old boots you wear feeding pigs.
        ... It's always a little odd to me when the poor folks well-worn stuff becomes a fashion statement.
        I suppose burying or soaking a bike for a year could be a new industry like stonewashed, pre-faded jeans are but you really can't fake a ratbike... same as how some antique dealers can beat furniture with chains to age it-but an expert can tell.
        Whatever, it sounds like bad news for me if more people are out there putting the price up on the rusty old junkers I want.

Comment

Originally posted by flyanimator View Post
          but what mkes it a rat is it's low cost and "beat up" appearance. A rat bike usually looks like someone took a bunch of parts from a junkyard, slapped them together and put two wheels on it and called it a rat bike.

This is a pretty good example of a rat bike, low budget (usually less than $1000 in total) and junkyard dog appearance.
          I always thought of my bikes as rat bikes because they're so old, and I do believe my 1000 qualified as it was a real ratty bike when I got it.
          sigpic
          Steve
          "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

Working...
          X