No announcement yet.

Hand pounded tank pics...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the rims you are talking about mags or spokes? If they are spokes and n1elkyfan isn't interested, I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by beergood View Post
      Are the rims you are talking about mags or spokes? If they are spokes and n1elkyfan isn't interested, I might be.
      mags...i wouldnt let spokes go for all the gold in Knox. I DO however know that, at least at one point, Bhppy101 had some spoked rims for sale...need a couple spokes replaced but i think he was letting them go cheap.

Comment

A friend of mine just bought a set of decent spoked rims from Rice Paddy for under $100, so I ain't too worried. I just like to keep my ear to the tracks, you never know when you will run across a deal.

Comment

I wouldnt mind having a spare set around myself...get some nice rubber mounted on em and trued, then i could just swap out when they need.

Comment

Hey Beer, you only live 4 hours from me, maybe in the spring/summer we'll have to take the cafe's out on a good jaunt..would be a good time. Lots of good roads down here and inbetween.

Comment

maybe I just like to be different but I like the mags over the spoked rims

Comment

Oh i do like mags..especially the Zook mags..definately the nicest of the bunch, those and the F frame Hondas. Kaw mags i think are ugly, but thats just me. However, i dont like the look of them for the design im going for on THIS bike. I'm going for that classic Britbike cafe look with the reliabilty of a UJM.

Comment

I don't hate the mags, but the spokes are a much more classic look. They are a little lighter, unless I have been misinformed. Mags do require a lot less maintenance.

Spokes rims are just another item on the list, along with dyna ignition, engine rebuild/swap, progressive springs, 530 conversion, rearsets, gauges, new gel battery, RR, various powdercoating and painting.

Oh yeah, and I am supposed to get another bike so that the girl can ride on the back (alright, I know that isn't really a burden).

Cafekid, I think I could be up for some mid-Ohio cruising next season. You know how us Michiganians love driving through Ohio (sarcasm).

Comment

for sure Dyna is the next item on the funtionality list. I tried dickin with my points the other day, and even with the manual i was completely confused. I havent ever messed with points, had em on my CB bikes but they worked fine and i didnt have either one of them long enough to ever mess with them. It probably isnt as hard as i took it from the manual, but sometimes those things read like stereo instructions. Im a better hands on learner anyway.

As far as riding thru ohio...listen bud..i drove to Midland and back once, and nearly lost my lil 300Z in the potholes on I75 so i doan wanna hear it:-D

Comment

Oh and Beergood...if you come up with a design for rearset brackets, i have a guy that could mill them on his at home CNC machines for prolly next to nothing...

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                        As far as riding thru ohio...listen bud..i drove to Midland and back once, and nearly lost my lil 300Z in the potholes on I75 so i doan wanna hear it:-D
                        Part of the fun of driving through Michigan is that you never know when you are going to 'go off-roading'.

I was actually referring to the inevitable Ohio state troopers that are waiting right on the other side of the 'Welcome to Ohio' sign to remind us that you are one of two states that still have a 65 mph speed limit (ours is 70, but 80-85 is the routine). And I don't know how they treat you guys with the red and white plates, but those of us with the blue plates don't get a lot of legroom.

Of course, you shouldn't take any of that personal, like all natives of the dirty glove, we are taught to mock and ridicule your state from a young age. I don't know why exactly. I have had some pretty good times in Ohio, then again my dad relocated to the outskirts of Canton with my stepmom and stepsisters when I was a kid. A couple weeks there a summer blew supremely.

I have a theory we behave the way we do because we have to drive through your state to get anywhere else, and sorry, but that is pretty boring. I am sure you would feel the same way if you had to drive through MI on every road trip.

It can be fun though, my girlfriend is from Cleveland, and I give her crap constantly, or at least as often as she will allow it.

Anyway, I am all for tearing down the walls and building a bridge to Ohio.

...Oh yeah, you have a buddy with a home C&C machine? How big is it, and how detailed a part can he make? I don't have anything concrete drawn up, but that is one hell of a resource to have out there.

Comment

Originally posted by beergood View Post
                          Part of the fun of driving through Michigan is that you never know when you are going to 'go off-roading'.

I was actually referring to the inevitable Ohio state troopers that are waiting right on the other side of the 'Welcome to Ohio' sign to remind us that you are one of two states that still have a 65 mph speed limit (ours is 70, but 80-85 is the routine). And I don't know how they treat you guys with the red and white plates, but those of us with the blue plates don't get a lot of legroom.

Of course, you shouldn't take any of that personal, like all natives of the dirty glove, we are taught to mock and ridicule your state from a young age. I don't know why exactly. I have had some pretty good times in Ohio, then again my dad relocated to the outskirts of Canton with my stepmom and stepsisters when I was a kid. A couple weeks there a summer blew supremely.

I have a theory we behave the way we do because we have to drive through your state to get anywhere else, and sorry, but that is pretty boring. I am sure you would feel the same way if you had to drive through MI on every road trip.

It can be fun though, my girlfriend is from Cleveland, and I give her crap constantly, or at least as often as she will allow it.

Anyway, I am all for tearing down the walls and building a bridge to Ohio.

...Oh yeah, you have a buddy with a home C&C machine? How big is it, and how detailed a part can he make? I don't have anything concrete drawn up, but that is one hell of a resource to have out there.
                          Actually, Ohioans and Michigan(ites?) have been at odds for a long time...i just watched a special about OSU vs Michigan and some believe the rivalry goes back to the times when Toledo was part of Mich untill Ohio realized that the boarders had been drawn wrong..there was a small battle over of all places Toledo...lol I'll find out what size a machine he has, but i think he has a lathe and a mill. Im sure its big enough to do just about anything we'd need done, as he does it for a living, and does side work for extra cash on his home machines...im assuming they're good size cos he built an entire shop on his property..owns a bobcat and a big arse dumptruck and all that...

Comment

Do you know what he would charge for some small parts I might need some stuff made.

Comment

Not off hand..id have to have a design and material type to show him probably..I'll talk to him and see if i can get a flat rate or hourly rate or something out of him and we can build a list of goodies we want made..lol

Comment

We're Michiganians, although some say Michiganders. I do know of the 'War for Toledo'. We received the Upper Peninsula as compensation for our loss. Since I camp and canoe there as often as I can, I consider it a pretty sweet trade.

Did you attend Ohio State?

**off topic I am watching Jeopardy as I write this, and another lonely female contestant is talking about her cat during the dreary interview part. How terribly terribly sad.

Comment

Working...
                                X