Cafe seat from a gas tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
    whats up rigid?? LTNS...like i said i think its a neat idea if your tank is trashed otherwise...but you could actually turn around and prolly sell those tanks on fleabay or to the guys over on the DoTheTon forum and make some bucks off of em...they are geeks for SOHC honda stuff over there.
    Josh .. it is where form meets function .. hello ??

Mike

Comment

I know i know...i just hate seeing a perfectly good tank used for something like that...then see the same tank fetching a c-note on ebay...they are getting hard to come by...you can bet your sweet arse i wouldnt cut a pre 80 750 tank unless it looked like swiss cheese. I got a good untouched one (save for the lil bit of bondo i used to fill some dings) and one i swapped for to beat my knee dishes in.

Comment

I know i know...i just hate seeing a perfectly good tank used for something like that...then see the same tank fetching a c-note on ebay...they are getting hard to come by...you can bet your sweet arse i wouldnt cut a pre 80 750 tank unless it looked like swiss cheese. I got a good untouched one (save for the lil bit of bondo i used to fill some dings) and one i swapped for to beat my knee dishes in.
        Simple matter of best choice given all the facts present. .

I feel your ebay missed opportunity anxiety each time I look in my storage building.

Mike

Comment

I found a decent looking head for my 750 for 35 bucks on fleabay today..buy it now...debating on whether i should or not. I also found (dibs) some finned cam end covers...i got my max bid set at 40 bucks, i wont pay more than that for em, but i bet i dont win...some ppl are nutters over that finned cover stuff.. i could prolly have em made for that price.

Comment

I found a decent looking head for my 750 for 35 bucks on fleabay today..buy it now...debating on whether i should or not. I also found (dibs) some finned cam end covers...i got my max bid set at 40 bucks, i wont pay more than that for em, but i bet i dont win...some ppl are nutters over that finned cover stuff.. i could prolly have em made for that price.
            Right here lol.... just not $40 dollars nutters

Comment

tanks

i only have one stock sohc tank and its not in very good shape anyway, but the one i'm thinking of using is a superglide tank that looks pretty cool sitting on the rear of the bike (i checked last night) the mounts are kinda funky and the front of the tank looks to have been repaired poorly in the past. i know all to well the value of good sohc parts. dont worry.

Comment

Have any of you looked at Cosmopolitan Motors, in PA? Those guys have new, ready-made cafe seats/bases from Italy; sometimes for like $60.00. It's good looking stuff, too.

Comment

Working...
                X