What would you call this style?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you call this style?

OK...This bike is sort of what I'm looking to do with an older GS...probably a 750/850. My wife and I have a couple of cruisers but want something fun to screw around on. So, I want to take a bike and send it down this road. Not nearly as polished, but this general style. What style would you call it? It sort of looks like a bobbed streetfighter to me. Is there even a name for it? Just curious so I know where to look for ideas of what to do and how to do it. Thanks!

I would call that a bobber.

Comment

Bobbed cafe racer.

"Streetfighter" means a performance special to me. Getting the most performance out of a given platform. Take the engine, tune it for much more HP/torque than stock. Take the chassis, make it as stiff as possible. Strip off anything unnecessary to make it as light as possible. Use the best available suspension to get the best handling possible. And make it look trick in the process. I'm not there yet with the GS, someday.
      Last edited by Guest; 12-11-2007, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Bobbed cafe and damn pretty to boot! I'd make the rear fender just a LITTLE shorter

Comment

Honestly? Ridiculous. Its not very well planned out, and absolutely nothing flows.

Comment

Yeah...kinda looks like what mine did BEFORE i got a hold of it and started rectifying the wrongs on it. It looks confused. Shame too cos that was probably a gorgeous Triumph to begin with. But the owner prolly likes it and thats all that matters.

Comment

definately a bobber. not too much cafe to it cept the bars.

Comment

Grotesque!! Fugly, Stupid!!

Dink

Comment

Originally posted by alstensby View Post
                  My wife and I...want something fun to screw around on.
                  Wouldn't a bed be a better choice?:-D

Thank you...thank you.........I'll be here all week.\\/

Bob T.
                  Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by tobiism View Post
                    Honestly? Ridiculous. Its not very well planned out, and absolutely nothing flows.
                    +343294629387 Next time someone cuts a fender off a GS I'm going to shoot a small elephant. Take a step back and look at the lines. This **** DOESN'T FLOW!!!

Comment

Butt Ugly, like all hacksaw hackjobs.
                      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NelanCustoms View Post
                          Do you really think those lines work?

Its an exercise is symmetry. You've clearly lost you sense of harmonic balance in this issue. Stop thinking about the individual parts of the bike and look at the bike as a whole. One piece of metal thats a sculpture made with love, not a hammer. The tank and the rear fender do not fit as a piece of art. Look at the bike in all lighting conditions...look at it from all angles. Get a 6 pack of beer and just stare at it for about 2 hours. visualize all the wonderful things that are possible [not by you, but rather your imagination!] and put the god damned cut off wheel away!!! If someone else hacks up another mother ****ing GS I'm going to come unglued.
                          Last edited by Guest; 12-11-2007, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Look at the highlighted area. Do you see how much weight this area carries as a whole when its put in this light?

Comment

I dont know what style the bike is.
                              But I have to agree it is butt ugly.
                              That is just my opinion (and a few others as well).
                              I dont really understand the bobber as a concept. Which doesnt help!
                              Cafe I get and understand. A well done cafe looks amazing. It also helps that I now what the builder is trying to do when they build a cafe bike.
                              Bobbers to me just look like bikes with a tractor seat and everything except the the tank and running gear removed. Like I said I dont understand what is trying to be achieved. So I dont know a good bobber from a bad one!
                              Variety is the spice of life. Even if I dont get it/like it. I know that there are people who will love it. And that they will have put a lot of work into it. And that I do understand.

Comment

Working...
                              X