Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would call it.. well.. what it is..

English.... Typically English.

Different for the sake of it, no particular benifit other than to tell which is yours.

Comment

I think a stronger case could be made for streetfighter than bobber. A lot of the streetfighter concepts I've seen haven't had as much to do with performance as they did asthetics.

That being said, I think it's interesting, not exactly my bag, but I can see character in it. Go for it.

There are a whole lot more GSes out there rusting in garages and getting sold as scrap than there are getting the cutting wheel. If hacking into one will make you ride it more, take a blade to that bastard.

Comment

It's definitely a bobber, absolutely no question about that.

I would say that it's less cafe and more 'power cruiser' styled.

I agree with you, fat sac, about flowing lines and balance; but I think in some cases, the styling is left intentionally unbalanced to draw attention to certain features. Kind of like a guy that has a huge upper body/arms, but small relatively everywhere else. He would look out of balance, but would have that big-bad-bruiser look to him. Here, the emphasis is on the rising front and engine.

Agree? You don't have to, but I wouldn't say that this is necessarily a 'hack job' or senseless.

Comment

Originally posted by Ludeykrus View Post
          It's definitely a bobber, absolutely no question about that.

I would say that it's less cafe and more 'power cruiser' styled.

I agree with you, fat sac, about flowing lines and balance; but I think in some cases, the styling is left intentionally unbalanced to draw attention to certain features. Kind of like a guy that has a huge upper body/arms, but small relatively everywhere else. He would look out of balance, but would have that big-bad-bruiser look to him. Here, the emphasis is on the rising front and engine.

Agree? You don't have to, but I wouldn't say that this is necessarily a 'hack job' or senseless.
          I can see that. If indeed thats what is trying to be accomplished. Takes all kinds.

Comment

i dont know but i'm not hating on anyone here or there.

Originally posted by fat_sac View Post
            Do you really think those lines work?

Its an exercise is symmetry. You've clearly lost you sense of harmonic balance in this issue. Stop thinking about the individual parts of the bike and look at the bike as a whole. One piece of metal thats a sculpture made with love, not a hammer. The tank and the rear fender do not fit as a piece of art. Look at the bike in all lighting conditions...look at it from all angles. Get a 6 pack of beer and just stare at it for about 2 hours. visualize all the wonderful things that are possible [not by you, but rather your imagination!] and put the god damned cut off wheel away!!! If someone else hacks up another mother ****ing GS I'm going to come unglued.

Comment

its a bike i have 720 dollars invested into. i dont care what anyone thinks of it.

Comment

Originally posted by NelanCustoms View Post
                its a bike i have 720 dollars invested into. i dont care what anyone thinks of it.
                I keep forgetting these things are what they are. I get too caught up in mine and spend way too much time and money fixing them up. I guess I would be the same way about it if it were a late model bike.

Comment

Originally posted by NelanCustoms View Post
                  That's the GS spirit. My entire bike has been done on the cheap and I think it looks fine. And I'll fight whoever says otherwise

Nah But I will call you a little girl and insult your dog :-D

Comment

Do it...i DARE you...my dog will EAT you...

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                      Do it...i DARE you...my dog will EAT you...
                      Not from 1500 miles away. Thats for sure

Comment

Wait don't you got a jack russel terrorist?????????

Comment

I will put her on a plane, have her taxied to your house, then she will eat you and return home...LOL ok that went way to far...

Comment

Originally posted by Ironriot View Post
                            Wait don't you got a jack russel terrorist?????????
                            ME no, my parents YES...i have a chow chow sharpe' mix and really, she would just either lick you to death, or roll over and pee all over herself...lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                              ME no, my parents YES...i have a chow chow sharpe' mix and really, she would just either lick you to death, or roll over and pee all over herself...lol
                              My grandma has a German Shepard that'll do the same. All bark no bite..... Well maybe SOME bite but not hard..... Ok a hard bite but he won't break skin lol

Comment

NelanCustoms bike looks fkn great. End of story.
                                He loves it, and it's a gs on the road.

Some right old self righteous folk around here. Get your bike out and ride it, so what if it's a bit cold.

Nelans bike is how I was considering doing mine, and I love the look of it, well done NelanCustoms!

Feel free to flame me, I love my gs, and I love any bike where the owner has put time and care into it.
                                End of sermon

Comment

Working...
                                X