Carb Detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb Detailing

Well I finally started rebuilding my carbs and wanted to clean them up a bit before putting them all back together. I noticed one other bike on here having black carbs but I can't remember who it was and I searched but couldn't find anything. So here's what I'm wondering, if all the holes and orifices and moving parts were masked off would there be any harm in painting the carb bodies? Also, would it be OK to use the 500F degree engine enamel? Not that I'm worried about them getting hot but it just seems like that would probably be more durable against the chemicals in that area and would spray on better than auto body paint.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks
    -Bradley

Talk to Steve. He did that to his wifes 850. Looks fantabulous. I dont think he even took them off the bike to shoot em either.

Comment

I used dupli colour high heat aluminum paint. It has a nice sheen to it. I just cleaned the carbs with varsol using a small brush to get into the tight places. Even if there are ome spots that are a bit dirty the paint sticks to it with no noticeable effects, Ted

Comment

Check out http://www.eastwoodco.com/index.jsp for restoration supplies for carbs, etc....
        I have used their stuff for years.

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X