1982 gs1000 kat, no fairing set-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 gs1000 kat, no fairing set-up

ok, I'm doing this on a train from a smart phone. Hope it works. I'm almost done with my '82 Kat, the fairing was busted up, and I don't want to give up my left kidney to buy a new one. So I got the tank and fender painted, mounted them, and this bike looks HOT without the fairing. My dilemma is that the headlight and guages look funny all by themselves. (You can see 2 pics on the 'gs owners' part of the forum, under something like 'my boy, me, and our kat'.)

Can anyone direct me or help me find chrome or aluminum speedo and headlight with mount? Thank you

I'd go with the 78-79 GS1000 clocks.

PICS PLEASE!

Comment

Thanks, and I'll post pics soon, hard to do with this phone. I need to find a source with an extra headlight assembly or an online store.

Comment

Top triple, handlebars, headlight, gauges, headlight mount brackets from an 1100 E would probably do it. The '83 gauges give you a 140 mph speedo and the wiring should be pretty close.

Comment

Watch Ebay for fairings. I watched and waited and after a few months found a complete setup with windshield and mounting frame for something like 160 bucks when all was said and done. They come up fairly regularly. After all, the bodywork is what makes a Katana so darn sexy.....

Comment

I appreciate the input, but I'm just looking for an aftermarket headlight set-up and new guages (or in good cond.).

I have the original fairing and it wouldn"t take much bodywork at all to make it new again, but without it, she kind of looks like a dragbike/sportbike.

Comment

Looks like a GS1100E.
              Sorta.

Like the header.:-D

Comment

Here's the fairing from Airtech for about $165. http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/...ANA1982-83.htm

Comment

Working...
                X