X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell me please

Originally posted by fastestz1 View Post
    it's strutted i have been running it this way for yrs on the streets
    OK, so tell me, what did you use for the struts on these bikes??
    I want to give this a try and if I don't like how it handles or feels, I can always switch back to shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Splittie View Post
      OK, so tell me, what did you use for the struts on these bikes??
      I want to give this a try and if I don't like how it handles or feels, I can always switch back to shocks.

Just hop on eBay and buy some 10" sporty struts. I use sporty shocks so the struts should work.

Comment

Originally posted by mortation View Post
        Just hop on eBay and buy some 10" sporty struts. I use sporty shocks so the struts should work.
        So you're saying a Hardley Sportster shock will work for me?

Comment

So you're saying a Hardley Sportster shock will work for me?
          Mines an 850 and they fit fine. I used the metal bushings from the old shocks and the rear right I used a bolt instead of the stock mounting method. But yea. They work

Comment

Originally posted by PAULYBOY View Post
            Thanks for the info
            Good lookin' out by the way.
            Since I have had sooooo many problems with finding enough info on getting this bike turned into a chopper/bobber style, I have scrapped the idea and I am going to go cafe style.
            It seems that I found more info and help going this route.
            BTW- I am looking for a pre '80 GS750E fuel tank if you happen to run across one
            Thanks again

Comment

Well, Splittie, you should have been more specific in your posts. there really is a LOT of info on metric choppers out there. Asa matter of fact, I think that may be the name of one of the web sites. A lot of Honda choppers and rigids have been done. Here's a pic of the strut I originally had fabbed using DOM tubing for strength. These have heim joints that will screw out to give an additional 3" overall for adjusting ride height. At their shortest, they would measure about 9 " eye to eye.
              http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f7...t=PIC00015.jpg

Comment

Yea, well, after chating with a few guys here and at other web sites, I am not ready to get into frame reconstruction to make this bike a chopper. The shocks on my bike are eye to clevis so I am not sure how eye to eye will work for it.
                Well anyways, I think after seeing more people with successful cafe style bikes, thats probably what turned me in that direction.

Comment

Yea, well, after chating with a few guys here and at other web sites, I am not ready to get into frame reconstruction to make this bike a chopper. The shocks on my bike are eye to clevis so I am not sure how eye to eye will work for it.
                  Well anyways, I think after seeing more people with successful cafe style bikes, thats probably what turned me in that direction.
                  Well if you change your mind here is a link to some lowering shocks I have in mind for my gs750l project. They are at the bottom of the page. http://www.crc2onlinecatalog.com/rear_shocks.htm

Comment

Working...
                  X