gsxr 1100 clipon solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TurboChris View Post
    Where can I source the bar ends from? Dealer?
    When you are looking make sure you get the heavy ends not the alum gsxr type. Too much bar buz with the aum ends. Get steel.
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
      A couple more quick questions.

Kichigai did a nice job of restoring his original bars on his 83 GS1100ESD ; what triple T did he use.
      'Posplayr, I have the 95 GSXR 750 forks and tripple tree on my bike. As Katman said, the tripple 93-'95 triples do have the correct stops. Mine did not need any modifications and worked perfectly. Like you, I too consulted with Katman before getting mine on Ebay! I was glad that I did! \\/ Oh and thanks for the complement!

Comment

kichigai :Japanese Mod Kantana

Hi,
        Ill be intersted to see if you can improve your cornering. Are you planning on going back to the Honda Triple T? I understand that there is also something called the "Japanses Mod" for Kantana's which has earlier 18" wheels that might not loose so much clearance.

In the twisties I can already drag my feet, although I have not drug any parts of the bike. Not looking to give up too much there. Stiffer springs would certainly be in order.

I'll be watching your other thread to see how things work out. I have a cold lead on on another 1991 GSXR not running for cheap.

Posplayr

1983 Suzuki Katana 1100 with 17,433k miles.This bike has had it's wheels and suspension upgraded.Also known as the japanese mod among us Kat owners.I did the mod myself and it now uses 89-90 GSXR frontend and brakes.Wheels are 88 GSXR1100 18in radials(160 rear).I would give this bike 8 out of 10 since it could use new paint but mechanincally it is sound.Also has Fox piggyback shocks,first generation yoshimura pipe,all braided lines,RS36 racing carbs,530 x-ring conversion.It is very fast for an 83 and definitely unique.This bike is very rare now.I built it to perform,not as a museum piece.This bike is not stock but rather what the japanese had intended the bike to be but was limited on technology in 1980 to do.I got the recipe to build this by just looking at the Japanese Katana magazines.IF you are looking for a stock bike this is NOT for you.If you are looking for a performing version of this rare bird you have found what you were looking for.Serious inquiries only please,no spam.Has current reg,and frame and engine are original.First $5000 drives it home.Christian 415-424-5859

Comment

Originally posted by katman View Post
          I always respring with 'RACETECH' springs. stock are too soft.
          Katman, this is helpful! I was suggested to respring the forks but I couldnt find any info on which brand to use. Now I know. I went to their site which has a helpful calculator to determine which spring kit is right for my weight which was very cool. Thanks for posting this up!

Posplayr , I not ruleing out the 954 trees which I still have. It is still a possible option but think willl try the spring kit first. Good luck to you on your search.

Comment

Hmmmmm, I never received a pm......try again? And send your paypal info so I can send funds....

Thanks

Originally posted by katman View Post
            Chris, I pm'd you.

you can pickup bar ends anywhere. I will check but I think these ones bolt right into the clipon. for 20.00 you can have the set I have and the throttle and grips on the bars.

Comment

sorry Chris will check now. sent another one.
              Last edited by katman; 03-25-2008, 07:20 PM.
              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Working...
              X