Acwell Speedo and a fond farewell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acwell Speedo and a fond farewell

Well folks, I up and bought a 2006 Kawasaki Concours, so my days on the GS Resources are indeed numbered. I have an '82 GS850G with about 40K that I'm looking to part ways with. I, like Bruno, (of "Hate your gauges?" post) needed to replace the instrument cluster and bought an Acewell speedo (Model No: ACE-2853-AB) for the next lucky owner. It should arrive the beginning of next week, and I'll probably install it on the weekend, after I pick up my new Connie. I'll let you know how it is and will supply pics as well.

Thanks for the memories!

Jim
    Last edited by Guest; 03-19-2008, 08:13 PM.

What, 9 posts and you're gone????? We haven't even got to know you, you can still post here, even if you're letting go of a perfectly good GS, look at DA, he's still hanging around even though he no longer rides a bike...........:-D

Comment

I know, I know - I had a GS450 (my first, and it had bags), then a GS550E years ago, then jumped up to a GS1100GK before I moved to NYC 8 years ago. Have to admit, though, the Connie has always been my dream-cycle, after I test rode one back in '88.

Suzuki has always treated me kindly, and I won't forget my girls. :-D

I may be back a time or two! (After the Acewell followup posting!)

Jim

Comment

I'd be curious to know what you think of the difference between the Connie and the GK after a 200 mile ride. You're probably aware that some connies vibrate more than others. Hopefully, you got a smooth one. I sold my '04 Connie and kept my GK. I prefer the smoother ride, the classic look and the lower Center of Gravity. But thats just my personal opinion. How about posting a comparison story after you've put some miles on yer new ride?
        Good luck with the Kaw and I hope all your rides cause nothing but smiles.
        Willie in TN
        Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
        '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
        '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
        '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

Are you saying you are selling the acewell????? If so PM me I am interested!!!!

Comment

Sorry Mortation, the Acewell (Not bad at $149) is going to the GS850.

Comment

Originally posted by spanky88 View Post
              Sorry Mortation, the Acewell (Not bad at $149) is going to the GS850.
              Damn! Where did you order it from? Where are you selling the bike?

Comment

Selling the bike in Mass. The Acewell was purchased through here:

Comment

Oh, and Willie:

Yeah, I loved my GK, but she was a heavy girl - still, she was a smooth ride. I've heard all about Connie Buzz and I'm hoping to have lucked out. If not, I'm sure I'll be on the Connie sites looking for possible fixes.

I'll be happy to post a comparison once I've had a few miles on the new bike.

Spring is almost here (In the northeast anyway)!!!

Jim

Comment

Cool Mass isnt far from here How much?

As for the Electro Sport people I could never find a link to actually BUY the products, just the spec.

Comment

If you look at the specs they have links to buy specific configurations. You have to look hard though, took me a while to find them.

Comment

Yeah, they have no ecommerce set up - you have to call to make the purchase.

$700 for the bike.

Comment

I'm selling the bike shortly and wantt to know if there's any quick advice i can offer to anyone looking to cap the Tach area on the engine, as it is no longer needed with the Acewell. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller???

Comment

a flat steel plate with an oring?

Comment

Working...
                            X