Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made it into primer.

Comment

Looking good. What final color are you going with?

Comment

wow thats looking really good, i like what you did with the rear end..

looks stock but modified at the same time!!!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS750 View Post
          looks stock but modified at the same time!!!! lol
          Yeah I wanted to make it a bit more like a modern sport bike and yet retain the original look at the same time. Dunno what color I'll put on it just yet. I was thinking yellow, red or orange but after seeing it in black primer I started thinking it would like nice in black but that is completely opposite of my original intention which was to make it as bright and visible as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by ggreenfield View Post
            That blue is absolutely stunning! What color is it and where did you get it? How exactly did you do the stripes? Nice looking bike.
            Even though i'm normally a fan of black, this one had the factory blue rims, so I had to stay on a blue hue. I actually had some left over 92 Toyota Tercel mid blue that I used. It's a single stage urathane paint, Since i dont have all the pro equiptment and booth, i like the urathane line as they are very user friendly and fairly forgiving. As you can see, this came out with nearly a show room finish, and all i used was a cheap 21 gallon compressor (150 bucks) and a 10 dollar automotive spray gun from harbour freght, sprayed ouside. I did get a slight bit of dust and a freakin dog hair in it, but easily wet sanded hte next day and turned out mint. The cafe stripes are merely your standard cafe graphics (vinyl) that you get off ebay for 20 bucks. I wanted the stripes on the ass, but too contored and the vinyl just bubbled.

Comment

looks rad! i think some bar end mirrors and smaller/ flatter laying gauges would lower the look of the front end and really set it off.

Comment

im thinking of doing this to a gs11ooex , do you think you could have used the origanal seat pan and cut piece out of middle so you could still use origanal seat lock and then weld cowl to seat pan , the gs1100 is my wifes and she want metalic green oh and a 85 gs1150 front fender and bates bullet style cafe fairing

Comment

Originally posted by sonnygs1100 View Post
                  do you think you could have used the origanal seat pan and cut piece out of middle so you could still use origanal seat lock and then weld cowl to seat pan ,
                  That was exactly what I had intended to do but since I did not have an old seat pan and did have lots of aluminum I went with aluminum instead. I think modifying a seat pan would likely have been easier in alot of ways.

Comment

heres the fairing ive bought to use

Comment

heres what im hoping for (hope you dont mind i photo chopped your pic )

Comment

heres what im hoping for (hope you dont mind i photo chopped your pic )
                        Oooh me likee sexy fairing! How much and from where did you get it? While I do prefer the round headlight over the OEM square headlight I just don't think it really fits in with the overall look of the bike and was considering putting on 2 smaller headlights but now that I've seen that fairing.....

Comment

Originally posted by ggreenfield View Post
                          Oooh me likee sexy fairing! How much and from where did you get it? While I do prefer the round headlight over the OEM square headlight I just don't think it really fits in with the overall look of the bike and was considering putting on 2 smaller headlights but now that I've seen that fairing.....
                          on clearance from flyncycle.com its the raptor 29 bucks

Comment

its my wifes bike , she wants it painted gomango (tangerine orange )

Comment

on clearance from flyncycle.com its the raptor 29 bucks
                              http://www.flyncycle.com/acatalog/RA..._FAIRINGS.html
                              Wow I thought for sure you made a typo when you wrote $29 but sure enough they are that cheap. Have you actually fitted the fairing to the bike yet? How did it go?

Comment

no ups shipping will bring it monday , it 12 inches high 12 wide its going to barly cover gauges but im planing on removing gauges and replacing with 1 1/2 round gauges . if you wait till tuesday ill post pics and mount it

Comment

Working...
                                X