in need of a shorty kickstand????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in need of a shorty kickstand????

i am a very proud owner of an awesome 78 gs 1000 with tons of mods, my problem is my bike is lowered and stretched and i am in need of a shorter kickstand? I could take mine and have it cut and rewelded but i would really like to find a short chrome kickstand that would fit on my ride, can anyone lead me in the right direction? I will be posting sum pics here in the near future as right now she is gettin a pretty new paint job. If anyone has any ideas please share...
    Last edited by Guest; 04-04-2008, 01:45 AM.

Cut and weld. Simple job that would take a whole 20 minutes.

Comment

Or heat and bend, 5 minutes.
      get that cool Hardley straight out the side look.
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

There are some very cool billet adjustable shorty-stands for 'busa's; and a couple look like they might even work on our mounts.

Comment

I used heat and bend.
          Yamaha fz1 2007

Comment

Just make sure you get the steel 'cherry' before you try to bend it. If you don't (or if you get it TOO hot) it may crack at some time in the future.

That wouldn't look good as you are sitting at the bar and your bike has just knocked over 20 others outside.

Comment

kickstand ideas

Thanks everyone for your input i cut and welded but really looked kinda cheap..pot steel doesnt weld very good. But the heat and bend idea may work i will give it a try and will let eveyone know how it turns out...thanks again....

Comment

You could use thr MRIDDLE method. Go about 60 and make a left hand turn with the kickstand down. Works every time.

Comment

LOL ..

Originally posted by thewiz View Post
                  You could use thr MRIDDLE method. Go about 60 and make a left hand turn with the kickstand down. Works every time.

Comment

Wouldn't ya know it. I have a GT750 with a stand thats too short. I would've traded for your longer one in a heartbeat. Oh well. Looks like I'll be welding an extension on mine, someday.
                    Willie
                    Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
                    '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
                    '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
                    '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

Sorry about that MRiddle:-D Just messing with ya. Are you coming to the SE rally this year? Want to see the new bike.

Comment

Originally posted by thewiz View Post
                        is that what that one guys sig meant? "if he lowsides it, lets hope its while hes making a left" or something like that?:-D

Comment

Originally posted by willie View Post
                          Wouldn't ya know it. I have a GT750 with a stand thats too short. I would've traded for your longer one in a heartbeat. Oh well. Looks like I'll be welding an extension on mine, someday.
                          Willie
                          Willie, I've got a freshly painted kickstand complete with little rubber ball from a GS450T that I would love to trade for a shorty.

Comment

My kickstand is cast, so it probably wouldn't weld very well. You could always go down to a motorcycle wrecker and take in your kickstand and tell them you want a shorter one. The place I went had boxes of stuff, and would let you sort through the boxes and find the one you want, then charge you more than it is worth

Comment

Working...
                            X