Opinion needed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion needed!!

SO my cafe, after a heavy night of wiring, (which is NOW complete) is just about ready for final assembly and paint. Elkyfan and i were playing around with two different seat set ups i have, just lookin, and ive now run into a bout of indecision, and i need some opinions.

Here's the deal. I have a buddy who is a master with fiberglass. He does the body work for the Miss Budweiser, so i KNOW he's good. I was going to have him basicly remake the seat that i made, using it as a mould to go off of, so that it would be completely smooth, and have no weight adding bondo and be ready for paint, as well as adding some screw bosses to it for me. Here is a pic of the bike with THAT seat on it...Just a reference..

But then there is this seat that i bought off the bay, and once i got it i honestly thought it was too big and too short. But with his ability to add the length i need, and clean it up using it as a mould, im on the fence. Its a bit larger than the one i made, but part of me likes the look of it too..

Im looking for opinions here, and they would be appreciated

Thanks guys!
    TCK

TCK,I like the one you made. The one from ebay looks too much like a crotch rocket rear end. Yours is definitly more cafe racer style in my opinion.

Comment

TCK, can I be brutal? I personally love the shape of the ebay one but think they are both too big. They should be no more than about 75% of that size IMHO. Hope this doesn't make the decision harder (sorry ).

Idea: Put the bike outside and stand back 10m (30-ish feet) and see what you think. From a distance it is easier to perceive what the end result will look like.

Comment

Hrmm i thinks i need to put some pics of better perspective up. that one i made is about 75% of the size of the ebay one. I made it to FIT based on the frame constraints. I just think the lines of the ebay one look better. The more i think about it tho, the more im tempted just to buy the H2R replica seat i was trying to copy in the first place.

Comment

i d go with the white TANK, is that what you asked ?

j/k

i like that last seat the best, but it's hard to judge against others as it's not mounted on the bike as the other two

also, a bit hard to imagine what they'd be like with the seat padding

between the first two, i d go with the second one (but as noted would make it a bit smaller at the back)

but you ve got such a cool project alltogether that i think in the end the seat wont matter as much as it does now when there's not much else on the bike

GS850GT

Comment

Me, myself and I believe that the second (ebay) seat is the best (the last one is ok but lacks the extra curve at the top)

Comment

I kinda like this one too. .. 8-[

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
              Hrmm i thinks i need to put some pics of better perspective up. that one i made is about 75% of the size of the ebay one. I made it to FIT based on the frame constraints. I just think the lines of the ebay one look better. The more i think about it tho, the more im tempted just to buy the H2R replica seat i was trying to copy in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                Out of your three choices I like the one above best. But, I like the one below even better

Comment

You certainly came to the right place for opinions!
                  Guess I like the H2R best myself.

Comment

I'm going to say that i like the first one the best. But I might be a little bit biased.

Comment

I agree with Zooks. #1, but smaller.

Comment

I vote for number 1
                        Cheers

Comment

Best I can do this late at night.... thought it might help.

Dan

1980 GS1000G - Sold
                          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Thanks Dan I underdstand what you guys are saying, but i think you need to see better pics. The top of the box lines up with the top of the tank. Mayhaps you guys are right and it needs to be smaller, but this is a pic of kindof what i was going for (please pay no attn to the fact that its a HONDA )

Still too big??

Comment

It will look better by the time you get your seat foam etc on there I reckon.... That will lose some of the height out of it.

Looks like that one on the Honda tapers in a fair bit at the back.

Dan
                              1980 GS1000G - Sold
                              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
                              X