Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
    Did you get the chrome one?
    No, I went with the black header and the chrome/aluminum canister. Isn't that what you had on your 1100.

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman View Post
      No, I went with the black header and the chrome/aluminum canister. Isn't that what you had on your 1100.
      I don't have an 1100. But I bought one of each, black and chrome. The black one will go on my current project, another 78 GS1000.
      85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
      79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

I don't have an 1100. But I bought one of each, black and chrome. The black one will go on my current project, another 78 GS1000.
        Some guys have all the luck...
        :-D

Comment

If mine is going to work, it's going to be close! Tom, I think your black Jardine has the same head pipe. Looks like your center stand is still on. How much clearance do you have? Do you know how to use this "stand bracket" that came in the hardware? I suppose I could dig out my black one and see if they are the same.
          I was worried about the centerstand while installing the Jardines. I have the black pipe/brushed can setup you guys are talking about. During the install the pipe was in conflict with the centerstand. But that was because all 4 pipes were not fully inserted into the cylinder head. Once I got all pipes seated, the centerstand cleared. I don't know exactly how much clearance I have. I can measure tonight.

I can change the oil/filter without pulling the pipes. It's a PITA getting my hand and a socket into the filter area. Makes a bit of a mess though. I made a little funnel out of a plastic milk jug. Helps a little.

I didn't use any of the hardware supplied with the pipes. Nothing they gave me seemed to line up. So I just made my own bracket from some stock I got at the hardware store.

BTW, I bought a second set of those Jardines from StarCycle before they ran out. Still have in in the original box. Someday I'll sell 'em. Someday.

Comment

Thanks, Tom. I'll make sure I have it on all the way. I measured with a caliper the best I could, and it looks like I'll have a few millimeters to spare. I'm just chicken to try... don't want to mess up my new pipes! :shock:
            85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

Can't you run up on a lump of wood to give you the clearance to try it without any force behind it??

Dan
              1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                Can't you run up on a lump of wood to give you the clearance to try it without any force behind it??

Dan
                Yeah, I'll get some help today from Steve. He can steady the bike while I check.
                85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

Won't he need the code to your house to do that
                  1980 GS1000G - Sold
                  1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                  1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                  1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                  2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                  1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                  2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
                  X