Handle bar risers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handle bar risers

on my 83 gs 750ed it has about six inch tall risers that connect the triple tree to the bars, almost like really tall clip ons. my question is has any one else wanted the lower the bars, and if so what did you use and how did it work out. Riding the bike feels kind of awkward on account i'm 6'4" and im just looking for a way to make it more comfortable for me.

thanks in advanced

You have dog bone risers? And you dont want them? Just take em off and put the bars back on the Triple Tree clamp?

Comment

this is what im dealing with
      Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

I've got a set of clipon on mine... but then again, I have a whole GSXF600 "Katana" front end on it.

Comment

my brother has an 03 gsxf 600, and the clip ons look like they will just bolt right up to my tripple trees

Comment

They would, but the angle is wrong and the clipons are too big (they're for 41mm forks, you have 37mm forks). You need to find a set of 37mm clipons... or do the front end swap so you can run modern rubber etc. My dead parts bike GSXF600 cost me $100 + $100 for delivery, so it's not expensive - and I run radial tires now.

Comment

If you can find clips from an 83 (ish) XN-85 they should just bolt right on, and you can adjust the angle on them...

Or (even less likely to be found) some clips from an 84-86 pop up Katana should fit. They are about 4 inch rise...

Might have to go Ebay australia or Ebay UK for those, however.

Comment

This is what the Katana clips look like...

Comment

Is there a 37mm clip-on out there that doesnt have ten foot risers?

Comment

http://www.1tail.com/sa/p/Woodcraft_37mm_Clip-ons.htm or just about any other universal clipon will do the trick

Comment

I used to have a set of bars from an '82 1100 Katana on my 750.
                      Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Originally posted by 83_gs750e View Post
                        on my 83 gs 750ed it has about six inch tall risers that connect the triple tree to the bars, almost like really tall clip ons. my question is has any one else wanted the lower the bars, and if so what did you use and how did it work out. Riding the bike feels kind of awkward on account i'm 6'4" and im just looking for a way to make it more comfortable for me.

thanks in advanced

PM sent.

Kevan

Comment

convertibars look nice, and I have a set of 37mm Vortex clips that I really like.

Comment

Working...
                          X