1981 gs550 bobber project?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 gs550 bobber project?

Has anyone tried making one of these into a bobber? I've been looking through the threads and can't seem to find any examples. Am I missing something? I want some advice if anyone has any on the right steps to take.
    Thanks!!!

At the bottom of the forum page you will find a link the the Archives. Check there, you might find something.

Comment

The blue tool bar between the "post thread" and below the flow chart of where you are contains a search button. Enter the word bobber and see whast comes up. My son's bobber/chopped GS450 should be in there. As to the 550, how different could it be? All depends on what you want to do to it and whether it's possible (much less reasonable).

Comment

not the best http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...icial%26sa%3DN

Comment

A guy called Isaac used to hang out here. He got under a lot of peoples skin and at the risk of opening old wounds, have a look at this thread - http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=102574

Comment

Take a look at this Honda 750 Chopper project. It looks pretty cool!

Please recheck the URL for the proper spelling. Or use our search box at the top of this page to find what you're looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Zooks View Post
              A guy called Isaac used to hang out here. He got under a lot of peoples skin and at the risk of opening old wounds, have a look at this thread - http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=102574
              I liked what he was trying to do. For alot of people that's what bikes are about, making it your won. I'm sure alot of peole feel like I've butchered my bike.

Comment

thanks for the advice, I've spent all morning wading through the endless supply of GS posts that exist in the archive. Some really good stuff so far. A new question that has been raised is whether or not you can monoshock this bike and also where you can hide the battery, any ideas?

Comment

Where else would you put the battery other than where it is? Some of the cafe dudes hide it behind the butt in the seat. As for the monoshock, thats a whole other thread search for rear swingarm swapouts.

Comment

bobber

pull GS550 on Yahoo a guy Mark Messner , I think thats his name,has a project build page . It really came out nice. Hope you can find it , thats how I came across it.

Comment

I started a group yesterday at flickr.
                      Almost all jap bobbers and a few Café racers.
                      Pls join or just browse.

Jap based bobber. Kawasakis, Yamahas or Suzukis. Just bobbed and hopefully at fairly low cost.

JF

Comment

check my signature

Comment

so as usual I'm confussed. You posted up bobber ?'s and then monoshock ?'s. Are you onto something that I'm unaware of? My vision of bobbers have a rigid rear. Mono conversion makes me think streetfighter. Either way cool. Combined not so cool. Set me straight. How's about a few pics. What are you working with and where do you want to go. If rigid is the choice check my thread in the owners forum "newbie- hi ianfrancisco". It shows how I put mine together. Maybe not the right way, just how I did mine.

Comment

Working...
                          X